Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    5mm front spacers and you can fit a lot more tire than that. I recommend 215/40 or 235/40 all around. No rolling needed.
    If the et was 25, would that negate the need for a 5mm spacer, or would it be the other way around?
    Last edited by haaken675; 03-20-2017, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Wheel Questions

I have a 92 325 Vert and I plan on doing full suspension (bushings, arms, links, BC coilovers with camber up front, adjustable rear camber toe subframe adapters) Looking for an aggresive fit but functional as well, this will be a weekend cruiser.

Have two wheel setups in mind:

BMW Style 5's 17x8 ET20 either fill and redrill or adapters adding 18mm all around) 205/40/17 I believe is what people are using with this setup. ~$1500 locally plus tires.

Aodhan AH05 Low pressure cast (BBS look) 17x9 ET25 ~$550 235/40/17

I like the Style 5s because they are two piece, trusted and valuable.

Aodhan is something new, different, havent seen an E30 with them and they are cheap but are slightly above quality from other aftermarket wheels according to specs (low pressure cast vs gravity)

New to the game and don't want to spend a lot on something and then regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by KYdirte30 View Post
        Thank you so much for answering my post man. With that same wheel set up what is the biggest tire I could get under there without rubbing? Could I fit 225's in there or even 245's (even if it's just in the rear)
        No. If bigger fits, I will mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
          If the et was 25, would that negate the need for a 5mm spacer, or would it be the other way around?
          Negated. +25 with 215/40s is what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by tito12121 View Post
            I have a 92 325 Vert and I plan on doing full suspension (bushings, arms, links, BC coilovers with camber up front, adjustable rear camber toe subframe adapters) Looking for an aggresive fit but functional as well, this will be a weekend cruiser.

Have two wheel setups in mind:

BMW Style 5's 17x8 ET20 either fill and redrill or adapters adding 18mm all around) 205/40/17 I believe is what people are using with this setup. ~$1500 locally plus tires.

Aodhan AH05 Low pressure cast (BBS look) 17x9 ET25 ~$550 235/40/17

I like the Style 5s because they are two piece, trusted and valuable.

Aodhan is something new, different, havent seen an E30 with them and they are cheap but are slightly above quality from other aftermarket wheels according to specs (low pressure cast vs gravity)

New to the game and don't want to spend a lot on something and then regret it.
            Either can work. I don't like running 5s with adapters as the offset gets too low, it WILL rub occasionally unless you truly go insane with the camber. I'd re-drill and run 215/40s.

Those 17x9s have their own set of issues. You will need a 10mm front spacer to clear the struts, and once you're out that far you're limited to a 215/40. It's a heavily compromised fitment.

Comment

You're VERY welcome to everyone who said thanks! I appreciate that. Just a few more posts until 10k...

Side note, I DO NOT answer PMs. I get 5 wheel fitment PMs a week and open exactly zero of them. Either post here for the world to see and benefit from the knowledge, or keep it secret without my assistance. This is about a lot more than just personalized fitment advice, it's to create a long list of every possible E30 fitment and know what works and what doesn't. Offsets are kept secret by many once they figure out what's ideal. This is trying to reverse that trend, and get more E30s looking proper. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                Thanks for the response! I ended up doing a little more research and found a really nice set of BBS RS 003s - 16x7 ET25 4x100.

Bottom Line.....
                1) Max Tire Size for 16x7 ET25 = 225/45-16s or 205/50-16s?
                2) Would either tire size benefit from a spacer for a more flush look without rolling the fenders?

1990 325is
                BavAuto springs
                Bilstein Sport shocks
                Might switch over to Bilstiens with HR Race or Sports

Leading Tire Choices:
                225/45s - Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec 225/45-16s
                205/50s BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 or Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
                There are definitely more options in the 205/50 over the 225/45s. This is a weekend driver, so I am planning on high performance summer tires.
                Definitely run the 225/45 Z2s. No rubbing at all, I've run that exact wheel/tire setup with no fender rolling, lowered, on my late-model iS.
                Follow up question, if I wanted a little more flush fitment, can I run a 3mm (ET+22) or 5mm (ET+20) spacers (at least on the rear wheels) without rubbing/rolling for BBS RS003s ET+25 with 225/45s?

+22 all around is great for 225/45s
                I saw this so I am pretty sure that is ok, but you noted this on a recent post that was for 16x7.5...I am 16x7 didn't know if it made a difference.

Bottom line?
                Can I run 225/45-16s with 16x7 ET25 with
                A) 3MM Spacers Front and Rear...Good to go right?
                B) 5MM Spacers Front and Rear? Thinking no on the front
                C) 3MM Front & 5MM Rear?
                Last edited by Zeemz; 03-23-2017, 11:55 AM.
                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Negated. +25 with 215/40s is what you're looking for.
                  Killer, much appreciated!

Comment

Have a e36 M3 and I have Front18x8.5 et25 & Rear18x8.5 et15. Looking to have it low and wondering what size tires. No roll yet and if I don't have to that would be awesome thanks
                    Last edited by 4ce30; 04-01-2017, 11:53 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looking at a set of borbet type As 16x7.5 et30 and want to run a nice meaty sidewall with h&r sports. Ideally Id like to leave my fender unrolled but if I have to thats not too bad. Anyone have any recommendations as to what size spacers I'll need to run?
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

No problem! Yeah I'm still here, sometimes not certain why, but hey I'm here!

15x7 +12 works well with a 205/50.

Ronal LS are fantastic quality wheels. I'd buy those. You can even fit 225/50/15s on them.
                        Thanks!!!

Comment

Hey man, Is it possible to run a 225/50r16 on style 5 et23 running on 18mm fr and 20mm rear adapters?
                          Lowered on hr springs (1.6) drop all around. I will be rolling the fender and possibly pulling a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So my e30 came on xxr 527 15x8.25 et0 with 195 tires on it....im on my winter wheels now but im wondering how much wider i can go on the xxr tires....i have fender flares if i need them. Suspension is h&r race. Am i jusy better off finding wheels with the right offset? Car is an 87 is. Thanks
                            Last edited by kyleconstantine; 04-02-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Mystical, trying to find tire sizing for 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15 staggered setup.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Mystical, trying to find tire sizing for 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15 staggered setup.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X