Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to go with my E30 exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best way to go with my E30 exhaust!

I want something you can hear coming, not to loud but very aggressive. Any suggestions for my 87 325is?

To be honest. I have a summitracing muffler, One of the cheap ones they sell.
    It was like 26.50 shipped. That muffler sounds better then the 225.00 magnaflow one that I had. Not to to loud that its annoying, sounds good and it isnt annoying on the highway either. You can hear it coming atleast 2 blocks away.. Thats what Id go with of it is your daily.

Comment

There are many different opinions on exhausts. Since you like it loud, anything smaller than stock will work, but it is hard to get a true aggressive tone without breaking the bank. Exhausts that do this well are B&B and Stromung.
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

The Billy Boat is my absolute favorite M20 exhaust.

If you want a more aggressive sound, swap to an aftermarket cat.

LOTS of guys like my 2.5" POS ebay bullshit, using an aftermarket cat.

I fucking hate that loud ass bitch!

I am likely to do Spin Tech with 2 Borla tips when the motor swap is done, but not quite sure.

I want fairly quiet, but burly.

GL!
        Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Im interested in this threat, I know that the I exhaust sounds better than my e exhaust. I think the idea with the aftermarket cat is a great idea though. I swapped to no cats on my cobra and the car atleast doubled in loudness at full power. The oem cat on my I exhusts is like 3 feet long.
          Randall Racing and Engineering
          Acworth, Georgia, 30101
          http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

I have a thrush welded muffler I picked up for $30.00. I think it sounds great. Gets deep n rumbly after its warmed up a bit, but its not unbearably loud either. Great muffler for the money imho.

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272

Comment

i have a supersprint its bad ass it is not loud in the car but you can hear it a mile away outside!

Comment

I just bought a Thrush Welded muffler from summit, came with a free $45 booblehead, so I thought what the hell. Hopefully it sounds decent, right now anything is better than nothing at all.

Comment

2.5 through no cat, into a 2.5 magnaflow... it was DEEEEEP toned. not loud obnoxiously, but going through a parking garage in low second gear would rumble alarms.

exhaust is something you really cant exactly copy IMO. take advice, spin off of it with your ideas and try it out. some shops around here have pieces they can clamp on and let you hear your car run on... try that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow e30 View Post
                    some shops around here have pieces they can clamp on and let you hear your car run on... try that.

interesting, I'll ask my shop about that.

Comment

is the stock piping on an ix 2.5 or 1.7? also what is that cheap muffler called on summit?

Comment

I like my Involuntary Muffler Delete Mod. Sound great. :P
                        '89 325i track sloot
                        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

I drilled holes in my shitty rusted out stock muffler, sounds perfect to me.

Comment

My craptastic non-oem muffler rusted off the oem pipes and fell the hell off. I like it too much to fix it.
                            '89 325i track sloot
                            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
                              To be honest. I have a summitracing muffler, One of the cheap ones they sell.
                              It was like 26.50 shipped. That muffler sounds better then the 225.00 magnaflow one that I had. Not to to loud that its annoying, sounds good and it isnt annoying on the highway either. You can hear it coming atleast 2 blocks away.. Thats what Id go with of it is your daily.

Make/Model/Part number/link?
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X