E30 Shock Option Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philo View Post
    Also, this sparked my interest the other day. Coilovers that use Koni's. They look legit.

End price is $1100. Look like this.

That's a good price, they've even got tender springs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
      How much? And are those top adjustable?
      Yes, my pics are of the top adjustables that TCK sells. They're about $168ea, or something close. It's on TCKs website.

I had a conversation with one of the reps from TCK about the modification of the mustang shocks and etc...

"You are correct. It is a shock that was designated for the mustang. No adjustments on our part. We use the TC Kline VVS Alloy springs that allow the best travel range for the shock. We recommend 500# for the rear of the E30"

So the TCK shocks aren't re-valved but they have determined 500lb springs to be the best for use with their shocks. They only modify the shaft for use with the 12mm E30 strut mounts. Without the welded piece on the shaft the shock would just pop through the mount.

Comment

Good info

Comment

awesome info guys!! anyone tried the 8042-1134-Sport??? double adjustable??
          im running 600lbs rears and want an adjustable shock..
          Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

I just found out that the Koni 8641-1210SPORT front struts (for m3s and m-techniks) are backordered through January 30, 2011 :-( How good of an option are the 05-08 Subaru Legacy 8610-1447-Sport for a lowered, not slammed, m20 e30?
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

bump! just what i was thinking!!!!
              Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

Has anyone compared the IRS vs non-IRS mustang shocks? Apparently the IRS are much stiffer (a good thing?!)
                Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by richardb View Post
                  Has anyone compared the IRS vs non-IRS mustang shocks? Apparently the IRS are much stiffer (a good thing?!)
                  It would depend on the weight load and rebound rate they are designed for. IRS dampers are generally stiffer because they do not work in unison, as the non-IRS dampers do.
                  -tim
                  Originally posted by Jordan
                  I like the stance
                  -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

The IRS I'm thinking would be better because the e30 uses independent trailing arms. The e30 shouldn't be using shocks made for a solid rear axle (mustang shocks tck sells) but instead a stiffer IRS type shock. No? TCk recommends 500lb rear springs with these shocks. Now what is the effective wheel rate?

If the IRS shock is stiffer and bolts on, spring rates over a wimpy 500# should be usable, in the 600-700's.
                    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Has anybody mentioned iX inserts? They're shorter than stock inserts, a few guys I know have them. I vote this thread be stickied
                      -Alex

Comment

Bump.
                        Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Part #: P36-0251 on the hd's for IX

Comment

anybody know where i can get G60 sport shock?
                            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

can anybody confirm the IX insert is shorter?

Comment

nvm got it..

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X