Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read through your whole build. Looks great, good luck!! It's definitely been a wile ride of numbers starting in the 300's and every new post its "Now at XXX, soon to be at 100 more!"
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Thanks! Got a dyno day scheduled in May with a small group. Should actually have some papers to go with it this year!
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Progress!
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just as I thought I couldn't find anything else to spend money on....

Whitedogracing releases a 2-in/1-out FMIC setup with a blow through HPX MAF and tial 50mm BOV included.

Would allow me to really use everything available (current FMIC will likely be a bottle neck), but that would cut into my allotted funds for a set of RPF1 and tires....
          No E30 Club

Comment

Time to rebuild a transmission!

Now all I need is a lift and my garage can be considered a fully equipped shop.
            No E30 Club

Comment

Been making a little progress. Still no turbos, but the producer says soon. Fingers crossed, dyno day is coming up fast!

Press setup

I'm certified for auto trans rebuilds, and never offered the service. First manual rebuild.

2nd gear synchro. Had to file down the gear a little as well. The updated shift collar offers a little more clearance so I didn't have to do the filing, but I fully intend to utilize NLS at 30+ psi so might as well. She was locked up tight, had to press the collar off the gear on disassembly.

I miss this car badly.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Loving the updates, my brother has an allroad. Cool to see the potential.

Comment

I've been on Audizine since 2009 and I don't think I've ever seen someone rebuild the transmission on a B5 S4. THis is pretty cool!

Comment

Yea nobody seems to document that part!

Put a can of brake clean on the assembled trans. 1-2 shift now feels great, can't wait to be able to drive it hard without fear of destruction. Just have to modify the center diff and I can finish it up. Gotta have that 20/80 f/r power distribution!

Side note, the updated CHRAs came in for my old turbos. These will be going into a friends car. He saved money, I made money, everybody is happy. Significant update to the wheels though!

Hopefully my gt28rs hybrids ship soon. I'm running out of things to do while I wait, and dyno day is coming up fast!
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Couple updates.

Got my torsen center diff back together with the 4:1 modification after my screw up. Didn't mark the gears on removal, because I didn't know they need to be timed. Luckily a friend let me borrow a trans he had so I could copy the timing and reassemble it.

Also had to tear back in to my engine to install a coolant pipe that gets encapsulated by the block, water pump, and head. That was fun.

Pipe passage:

Let's rip into it again:

And, now it's starting to look like an engine again!

So by the end of the week I should have the engine and trans ready to go minus clutch and turbos. On to solid rear differential mount install, and removing the rear muffler. Going to add a little more bark to go with the extra bite.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Micro update, all wired up.

No E30 Club

Comment

These engines are so amazing. I will admit that it sucks working on Audis though. You have to take everything apart to fix little things and i've never been a fan of that. Great progress either way.

Comment

Change of plans, ditching my cheap fmic for a new setup.

Twin 2.5" inlet
                            Single 3" outlet
                            Treadstone core
                            Hpx maf in blow through configuration
                            Tial 50mm atmospheric BOV.

Should knock out 2 potential limiters, the cheap intercooler and the entire y-pipe assembly. Will be running individual filters for each turbo!

Can't wait to get this car back together. At this point my limiting factor will be fuel through the stock rail.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Actually wrenched on the car itself to tonight for the first time in months. Got the Apikol diff mount installed.

This explains the loud clunk I got from the rear during hard shifts and launches.....

No E30 Club

Comment

Bump!

Turbos came in today! Still waiting on the intercooler from WDR but it should be here quickly.

Gotta shop around for a couple more items and then I'll be throwing it all back together.

No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X