CAtuned coilover group buy round 3!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAtuned coilover group buy round 3!!!

Hey guys and gals, people have asked, time for a 3rd!

Offering a group buy on CAtuned coilovers, with two types being available.

The standard e30 setup as shown here, they are 30-way adjustable and come with everything shown in the picture. They do need to be welded to the front spindles (cut the old strut tube leaving a few inches of tube on the knuckle, they slide over and are then welded to the knuckle). You can get you car very low without sacrificing travel as the coils themselves thread into the body, so you lower the entire coilover not just lowering the spring and thus also losing shock travel, same goes for the rear shocks.

They come standard in 7kg (392lb, m3 are 8k) front, 8kg (448lb) rear, shocks are dyno matched to ensure they are properly paired with the springs. We can also do stiffer 8k front 10k rear rates for no additional cost

If we can get a minimum 10 people to commit, cost is $975 shipped to the lower 48 states. Can ship to overseas but addtional shipping cost will apply.

The next type available is much more race oriented, these are the true rear coilover type. The rears for these coils eliminate the divorced spring setup. Be advised you must reinforce the rear shock mounts and towers to run these coilvers, you will also need to do a little clearancing on the inside rear as well so the coil dosnt rub the frame/inside strut tower but this is very minimal.

These come standard in 10kg front and 12kg rear rates, again wtih dyno matched shocks. I run these on my drift car and absolutely love them, ride quality is amazing both on and off track.

Price for true rear is $1,330 shipped to the lower 48, again overseas shipping is avail at additional costs.

Finally, here are a few pictures of the coils on my own car. I have previously ran BC's and they worked well for me but comparatively the CAtuned coils blow them out of the water.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, also if you live in the NYC area i can recommend a shop to weld the coilovers to the front spindles and can assist with install.

If your local to CAtuned they also offer install for $425 which includes removal of old suspension, and install of new units (typically a 6-8 hr job and can be done in one day).

Optionally you can send in your own cores to be welded for $120 with no extra charge for shipping, new wheel hubs are also available for $120

Before anyone asks, seals are made by NOK, internals are Swiss and housings are Taiwan. Final inspection and assembly is done in house at CAtuned.

Lead time is 14-21 business days (just covering ourselves as last time we had a few days delay due to bad weather causing shipment issues) from the date all coilovers are paid for, if youre interested please add your name, type of coilover (standard or true rear). Front knuckles must be 51mm

If you have any questions please contact me (preferably) via email frank@catuned.com

Thanks!

1) R1dd1ck913 (std)
    2) luna_edirty (std 8k10k)
    3) berniesgotabimmer (std)
    4) jaywood (std)
    5) arthb7 (std)
    6) nick d (std)
    7) BeJoe16 (std)
    8 ) crzylildude (std 8k10k)
    9) e30xium (std)
    10)
    Last edited by FLG; 11-19-2015, 10:39 PM.
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Well I will be the first for the new group buy.
    I would like the standard setup. With what ever spring rate would be best for a m50 car.
    Current
    99 328i (Sold)
    91 318is M50B25TU
    89 325ix (Parted out)
    87 325is (Parted out)
    95 525i (Parted Motor for 91 318is)

Comment

Depends on the use, street or track car? Little of both? Daily driver?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be mostly a DD car with a little bit of track time.
        Current
        99 328i (Sold)
        91 318is M50B25TU
        89 325ix (Parted out)
        87 325is (Parted out)

Comment

I'd say std rates will be fine for your type of use, but if you don't mind a little stiffer ride then you can go a bit stiffer but you'll sacrifice some daily use ride quality, but again I think you'd be fine especially it being a daily as its primary use. You'll still be able to have fun on the track of course though.

Comment

Sounds good to me.
            Current
            99 328i (Sold)
            91 318is M50B25TU
            89 325ix (Parted out)
            87 325is (Parted out)

Comment

Put me down for a set of standards with the stiffer 8/10 rate please
              ig- luna_edirty
              drive fast take chances

Comment

Done. Thanks!

Comment

Interested. Going to try to get the money together. When does this end?

Comment

It probably ends when we have 10 people dedicated to buying.
                    Current
                    99 328i (Sold)
                    91 318is M50B25TU
                    89 325ix (Parted out)
                    87 325is (Parted out)

Comment

I could be in for this. Who is DD'ing on these? Had BC's on my last E30.

Comment

They look identical to BC's but i guess you get the certainty that they were shock dynod to properly match the rates. Anyone have experience with these compared to GCs?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
                          I could be in for this. Who is DD'ing on these? Had BC's on my last E30.
                          Used to daily bc even these with the stiff race rates I feel my car is more comfortable then the softer bc's. But we have lots of guys who daily em and always love em.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyOg View Post
                            They look identical to BC's but i guess you get the certainty that they were shock dynod to properly match the rates. Anyone have experience with these compared to GCs?
                            Megan, bc, and a few others all look similar as they all attach the same way. Very open as to where our parts come from as you can read in the first post, also we back these 100%, problem arises and it's fixed, quickly. Though we haven't had any issues whatsoever with em.

Comment

I think you can put me down for a standard set. What spring rates would be good for a Daily vert?

Comment

Working...
                              X