No announcement yet.

Meet Lorelei (1989 325i)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you share a pic of the non-marring sap removal of the tool? or a link to what you got?

working it in the cold when it would just chip sounds so much easier than what i've had to do. i have a tree that craps for a few weeks in the spring every year. if i get after it right away, it's not too bad. but one warm sunny day and it'll baked on there. the only thing that worked in the end was a mr clean magic eraser. but i wouldn't recommend that if you even remotely care about your paint. feels like its taking paint off too.

nice progress and congrats on the wheels! nice score.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nouseforaname View Post
      can you share a pic of the non-marring sap removal of the tool? or a link to what you got?

working it in the cold when it would just chip sounds so much easier than what i've had to do. i have a tree that craps for a few weeks in the spring every year. if i get after it right away, it's not too bad. but one warm sunny day and it'll baked on there. the only thing that worked in the end was a mr clean magic eraser. but i wouldn't recommend that if you even remotely care about your paint. feels like its taking paint off too.

nice progress and congrats on the wheels! nice score.
      It was something kind of like this. I honestly cannot remember where I got it. I just found it in my toolbox over the weekend. Glad I did though, cuz it's been great!

Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
      Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
      1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
      1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
      2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

So yesterday was a pretty big decision day. I made a pretty hard decision, and Lorelei went to a new home. With everything that still needed my attention, and with a new job that will soon require a bit more commute time, I made the call that the e30 wasn't cut out to be the daily commuter, and I was frustrated enough to not want to make any further spends for the car. I already have a new daily, and I'm just smitten with her.

I'd like to introduce Maria, a 2017 VW Golf R. She had a whopping 6 miles on her before I took delivery yesterday afternoon at 1pm.

Comment

Sad for you, to hear about the E30, but I guess some decisions have to be made.

Lovely Colour on the VW though!!
          1990 325i
          2004 330i Individual 6-speed
          sigpic

Comment

It was a tough decision, and I really hated seeing her drive away. But.. The new owner is a great guy, and I feel great that he took her. He'll do great things, and I'll be following his own progress with her. Sold her to a new friend, which makes me feel better.

The R looks pretty damn stunning in the sun, if I don't say so myself.

Comment

You're right, it does look damn stunning in the sun. Just wondering, do you still have the E46?
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

We do still have the E46. Eli will be dailying that as soon as I start my new job here in a few weeks. New job requires me having a commute where we can't carpool, so the need of a second car that'd be a decent commuter was the thorn in the side that spawned all of this. The e30, as fun as it was to rip through the mountains, just wouldn't have done well with the longer commute and crappy gas mileage. So, she has been resigned to a permanent Sunday-Funday car, and I have a daily that'll wind up kicking ass :D

Comment

Working...
                X