Revshift 95A Offset CABs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revshift 95A Offset CABs

Just a quick little review of Revshifts 95A Poly CABs for those who want a little insight to the results.

I installed these alongside new control arms and tie rods into my daily, so the difference may be a bit exaggerated compared to just doing the CABs alone.

Install (basically):
    I took the whole arm out with the lolli and ripped the old rubber apart. I opted to use a friends hydraulic press to get the circa 1984 CABs out, and to install the new ones. I think you could get away with a dead blow for the poly. I was going to cut the old ones out if I had too.
    Lube up the control arm and hand press the poly on.
    Done, easy.

Initial thoughts:
    • The steering is quite a bit heavier now, I always thought it felt too light, now it's pretty much perfect.
    • The wheels pull harder to straighten themselves. (resulting in said heaviness)
    • I can feel a bit of extra harshness when dropping into ruts and such, but my car is on IE SIII (ie: H&R Race) springs, so the added harshness wasn't all that noticeable.
    • I MIGHT have heard a few squeaks here and there, not sure if it was the poly or not. If so, that's not an issue for me whatsoever.
    • I swear they pushed my wheels out just a bit to make it perfectly flush with the fender, but maybe my summer style 5's sit better then I remember

Overall, I can feel the cars front grip transitioning into over or under steer way more clearly then before. I can really set the car up how I want with more confidence to push harder and deeper (;)) into corners.

I'll try to update with my long term thoughts.
    The day after installing these, I caught the bug and ordered AKG's solid steering coupler to get the little bit extra feedback I'm looking for. RIP money :(

I can't say anything about Revshifts service other then shipping to Canada was pretty damn fast.

Very very happy with the result, the best sub $100 upgrade for my car, bar none.
    Last edited by Jordih; 04-10-2016, 11:56 PM.
    $500 '84 325e All Year Beater
    Gunmetal Purple
    390,000 KM's
Working...
X