RFID keyless push start kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFID keyless push start kit

Hey guys. Has anyone installed an RFID keyless push start kit? I was thinking about adding a push start button to the car since A) I have always wanted one B) the cigarette lighter is already missing from my car and C) I don't trust the current ignition/locking system anyways.

I have seen on amazon and ebay a few kits that claim to be an immobilizer and push start system, control box and everything for not too much. has anyone given something like this a shot? Can anyone think of a reason not to do this?

Thanks

I've seen them as well. It usually Chinesse stuff. Something I would be leary of without testing.

If you can find something from DEI or the likes, maybe give it a go.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

My problem Is I always keep wondering "how bad can it be..."

How much of everything we buy is Chinese made anyways unfortunately...I may have to be the guinea pig. I'm building a vehicle that isn't going to be a daily, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it stopped working eventually I'm thinking. I guess ill update this if I eventually get one of these kits.

Comment

There was a guy who did a rather good job doing this on an e46 m3, some google searching may come up with his thread. I believe it was on m3forum or e46fanatics!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tooslow View Post
          There was a guy who did a rather good job doing this on an e46 m3, some google searching may come up with his thread. I believe it was on m3forum or e46fanatics!

Comment

Thats pretty dope, looks and acts very OEM. Open up that button and put a orange/red lighting gel behind it and your really in business.

Comment

Working...
            X