This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
    If you don't have an answer to eliminate that it's just fine, we've already established he's within the bounds of the rules of a free internet forum.
    I guess I'm having a tough time understanding how it's up to me or the forum software to deal with something that's nothing more than an inconvenience which is relatively easy to avoid.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      I guess I'm having a tough time understanding how it's up to me or the forum software to deal with something that's nothing more than an inconvenience which is relatively easy to avoid.
      This is in part called the "forum suggestions" page, right? I made a suggestion, because as tiny as this is, it's damn annoying and it's been happening for years. It detracts from the user experience.

Is this not the purpose of this section? Provide suggestions to improve the user experience here? It's clear I'm not the only one who feels this way.
      No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

This is in part called the "forum suggestions" page, right? I made a suggestion, because as tiny as this is, it's damn annoying and it's been happening for years. It detracts from the user experience.

Is this not the purpose of this section? Provide suggestions to improve the user experience here? It's clear I'm not the only one who feels this way.
        And your suggestions was to delete their thread or tell a seller what to price their item at. You're pretty much just bitching about a guy you don't like.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          And your suggestions was to delete their thread or tell a seller what to price their item at. You're pretty much just bitching about a guy you don't like.
          Again, is this not the forum suggestions area? I just posted a suggestion that is clearly echoed among other members.

How about consolidate all of his wheel threads into 1 thread? 3 year limit on items in the for sale area? There's a nice pair of solutions, both of which I've used and seen used on my local car forums.

I was sort of hoping this would happen here, but I understand he's not breaking any rules.

Mods have spoken. I'll bump my own threads within the bounds of the rules accordingly.
          Like I've said already, I was hoping an annoyance ruling would take effect here. But understand he's not breaking any rules. If "bitching" is the way discussions are viewed by this moderator team that's a shame.
          Last edited by Nick's e30; 01-04-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

:D let's all calm down now......
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

I have a suggestion, start a kickstarter or one of those things to start buying his shit.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

How about consolidate all of his wheel threads into 1 thread?
                That's against the rules as written currently.

3 year limit on items in the for sale area?
                I don't know how that can be effectively implemented and policed for anybody but the one guy in question here. I certainly don't have the final say in these kinds of matters, but to me it doesn't make sense to implement a new rule just to pick on one guy.

There's a nice pair of solutions, both of which I've used and seen used on my local car forums.
                Do these forums use vBulletin? Got a link?

Like I've said already, I was hoping an annoyance ruling would take effect here. But understand he's not breaking any rules. If "bitching" is the way discussions are viewed by this moderator team that's a shame.
                I liken this to saying you don't like the letter Q. So you suggest to Microsoft that they do everything in their power to make sure that you don't ever have to look at the letter Q again, and that it is not implemented on any of their future devices.

Then when they try and tell you - as politely as possible - that it's not something they're going to do just because you don't like looking at the letter Q, you throw some shade their way.

Bottom line: let it go.

Comment

Can we make a petition to ban?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

That's against the rules as written currently.
                    Multiple items in one thread is a rulebreaker? I see partout threads here all the time, are those all breaking the rules?

I don't know how that can be effectively implemented and policed for anybody but the one guy in question here. I certainly don't have the final say in these kinds of matters, but to me it doesn't make sense to implement a new rule just to pick on one guy.
                    Threads on each of my examples I reference used to automatically disappear. They weren't individually policed to my knowledge, it was based on thread start date to save server clutter.

Do these forums use vBulletin? Got a link?
                    Both are VBulliten, One is dead. The second is Aleromod.com. I'm unaware of the current version of VB they use since I haven't been on there in years but they still do something similar AFAIK.

I liken this to saying you don't like the letter Q. So you suggest to Microsoft that they do everything in their power to make sure that you don't ever have to look at the letter Q again, and that it is not implemented on any of their future devices.

Then when they try and tell you - as politely as possible - that it's not something they're going to do just because you don't like looking at the letter Q, you throw some shade their way.

Bottom line: let it go.
                    You're only further proving my point by continuing to degrade my legitimate attempt to resolve an echoed sentiment among your members. I'm trying to have a discussion with the aim to address a VERY solvable concern, in the proper area of the forum to do so.

If you, as a moderator team, is(are?) choosing not to do anything about it, lock this up, there's no point in continuing the conversation.

Comment

Multiple items in one thread is a rulebreaker? I see partout threads here all the time, are those all breaking the rules?
                      Here's a link to the forum's for sale rules. Have a look at the last line.

Threads on each of my examples I reference used to automatically disappear. They weren't individually policed to my knowledge, it was based on thread start date to save server clutter.
                      Thankfully, the servers this forum is hosted on aren't an old PIII in someone's basement. As far as I'm aware we don't have to worry about the database growing too large. I'm also not a fan of removing posts just to save space and/or filter out "old" threads. There is a wealth of information in these forums, including pricing history for items sold (which is also a rule).

You're only further proving my point by continuing to degrade my legitimate attempt to resolve an echoed sentiment among your members. I'm trying to have a discussion with the aim to address a VERY solvable concern, in the proper area of the forum to do so.

If you, as a moderator team, is(are?) choosing not to do anything about it, lock this up, there's no point in continuing the conversation.
                      Unlike other forums, our typical MO isn't to lock threads just because we have a disagreement or don't feel like discussing an issue.

You made your point, I made mine. There's no point in (either of us) belaboring it. Again, I don't have the final say in these matters, though I feel like I have a pretty good gauge of how James and/or Jason want things handled.

If you ever get down South let me know. I'll buy you a beer.

Comment

Ok, let's step back and look at this....

A thread is made in the suggestion area. The thread singles a guy out for his threads in the classifieds. It is brought up that he isn't doing anything in the wrong.

Ok, you think it would stop there. But it hasn't, cause it's clear as day that the guy isn't liked. Why is he not liked? Is it cause he pretty much only uses the classifieds here? Is it cause he will not ship? (Has anyone even asked why he would not ship?, I'm kind of curious myself. Maybe he has limited mobility?) That's just speculation on my part.. But no shipping does kill a sale, we all know that. Thus why his items are still around for the most part. And then there is the continuous bumping. Yeah going through 3 pages of "ttt" is kind of like agggggh... But he can delete the ttt post and have a clean thread. I've noticed other members have been doing that.

So to sum this all up, it is about one guy that you do not like. Yes I'd consider that bitching. If this thread was made to suggest a possible improvement to the classifieds, then it would of reflected something more then singling one guy out.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

If you ever get down South let me know. I'll buy you a beer.
                          I was down your way for New Years. Too bad I didn't bring this up earlier, lol.

Is it cause he pretty much only uses the classifieds here? Is it cause he will not ship? (Has anyone even asked why he would not ship?, I'm kind of curious myself. Maybe he has limited mobility?) That's just speculation on my part.. But no shipping does kill a sale, we all know that. Thus why his items are still around for the most part. And then there is the continuous bumping. Yeah going through 3 pages of "ttt" is kind of like agggggh... But he can delete the ttt post and have a clean thread. I've noticed other members have been doing that.

So to sum this all up, it is about one guy that you do not like. Yes I'd consider that bitching. If this thread was made to suggest a possible improvement to the classifieds, then it would of reflected something more then singling one guy out.
                          Some other points come to mind; poor or non current images (His MB is "in storage" hours away from his house), contradicting item descriptions and verbal backlash at members asking for additional information. His favorite line is something along the lines of "full description in title" when things are vague.

He doesn't want to answer basic questions to establish an understanding of the item condition before the sale, so if you're not even going to try as a seller what buyer is honestly going to do business with you?

Sometimes there's that one guy that requires a rule be created and in some opinions he's that guy. I'll step away and let other members chime in if they choose. Like Agent said, I've said my peace.

Comment

I rebumped the thread on him we have in our mod section. It's an old one talking about his multiple bumps on a couple hour basis that he was doing. Even though I feel he isn't doing no wrong at this point. But I also ain't the only member of the staff here to converse on this. I have moved his Mercedes thread to the random crap fs. And also started to move others that wasn't even BMW related in the car section. And that brings up a thought I been thinking about, having the Car fs/WTB section limited to e30/e28/e34. Basically what the main focus of the forum is about. And maybe allowing 2002/e12/e21/e24s as well. But it's James's forum and he has the final say.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I agree with the above, maybe some flex for special cars? I love seeing the Z3M guys come back to e30s and vice versa, those cars are something else.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              I just wanted to say I love what you did today. Whenever I see you selling something, you have a free bump.

Comment

e30/e28/e34. Basically what the main focus of the forum is about.
                                That's not a bad idea in general. For both sides, if I was looking for an E30/E34/E28, I know I could go to the Cars for Sale, and if by chance I was just looking for a tow vehicle, I could hit the Random Crap section.

If James can be sold on it, I think it's a very smart idea.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X