Plastic resurfacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic resurfacing

Hey there guys I was watching some of those Eastwood DIY videos on YouTube. Just wondering if anyone has tried that Eastwood plastic resurfacing spray. They say it bonds and becomes part of the plastic to restore it. Since I'm in the middle of a rebuild thought this might be handy for trim pieces and such.

Anyone tried this stuff?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    sigpic

ive used dupli-color trim spray paint and never had a problem. prep is key

Comment

True. I've used that Duplicator as well. Came out good. I think I might give this stuff a try though. Looks really cool. Will report back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

I used the Eastwood Plastic re-finisher on my side view mirror this weekend. Came out very nice. Time will tell with durability but it looks solid. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures. I will when I do the passenger side mirror. I wish I spent a bit more time sanding the old oxidized surface (they were in real rough shape, in fact, the whole car is real rough). But other than that, it was easy to use, laid down flat, a little more gloss than I expected, but far from high gloss.
        2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Another option is Krylon Fusion. It supposedly bonds to the plastic. Basically the same deal as the Eastwood stuff but cheaper and available at Wally World.

Comment

Working...
          X