Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCOTUS Nominee Gorsuch Opinions

So, what have you r3v?

The 2 articles I have read in an attempt to learn more spend the bulk of the article bitching about his mommy and how she ran Regan's EPA in the early 80s. Trying to paint him as not green and rile up the snowflakes some more with that
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I like the nomination. By far a superior choice compared to anything hillary would have given the American People.

Comment

I found this to be encouraging. And I tend to trust a Colorado native.

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Seems ok? Well qualified and experienced.

As long as he doesn't unironically cite jack fuckin bauer as a reason to justify torture like scalia did, I think he could be a OK pick.

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't seem all that bad to me. We were (mostly) fine with Scalia, and he's made to sound a bit less rough around the edges. People on both sides seem to like him.

I think there were plenty of much worse people that could have been nominated.

I don't think the left should fight him on this. Yeah, it was wrong to deny Obama's nominee even a hearing, but they can't win this particular fight - better to focus on other issues.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have not read anything on him yet so I can't say what my opinion is.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

He is an originalist, meaning he believes the Constitution is to be interpreted in the context in which it was written by the Founding Fathers and not as a living document. That's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerguy91 View Post
                  he is an originalist, meaning he believes the constitution is to be interpreted in the context in which it was written by the founding fathers and not as a living document. That's good enough for me.
                  +1
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I will form my opinion after he is confirmed and has written a few opinions. He appears to be encouraging though. If he doesn't legislate from the bench that would be welcome..... ie change the actual text of law from penalty to mean tax.

Comment

I'm also pretty ok with the choice, I have a feeling they picked someone who would cause less outrage to not build on the immigration protests, which is good.

I also will wait till we see if he swings on issues, but overall a good choice.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

This is what madam nan thinks of him

"a very hostile appointment" and "a very bad decision, well outside the mainstream of American legal thought."
                        Then he must be nearly perfect for the SCOTUS from most people's point of view
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

I think he's a good choice, plus he's much younger than most, so he could be around awhile. I think they should look for some "younger" blood in the SCOTUS.

From what I've read, he sounds like a solid choice. When he was up for circuit judge several years ago, he got the nod from many top Democrats as well, including Obama.
                          Estoguy
                          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

One my wife's coworkers who is one of those constant FB re-posters had this to exclaim: "Just heard the Supreme Court nominee lives in gated community. That is most definitely a strike against him. Hate them!!!!"

Now mind you, the person who posted this owns a condo that overlooks Central Park. And a home in Sun Valley, and a home in Portland..
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Sun Valley is so mid 90's.

Comment

Working...
                              X