92 vert leaky engine and blown head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 vert leaky engine and blown head gasket

I have a 92 325 convertible in laguna green. It's a nice car, and in my year of ownership, I've made it much nicer.

It has always leaked oil, but I just assumed it was the oil pan gasket or cam seal. I just kept a quart of oil in the trunk. Anyway, looks like things took a turn for the worse. I let the car sit for about a month as I just got a 2003 540i which is more practical for me now.

Now there is coolant in the oil. I don't have a garage, so this is a job that I need a shop to do. I also live in the Bay Area where labor rates are astronomical.

Anyone know what I'm looking at cost wise to rebuild the engine or swap in a good one?Should I just sell it as is?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There doesn't seem to be any indication you need a rebuilt or new engine. You have one of the newest (least old?) m20's out there and if you are familiar with the engine (good smog #'s, kept up with oil changes, etc) you should just slap on a new HG. Hit up ryanG for a quote, it should be under 1k. You'd lose a ton more money selling the car as-is.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
    X