88 325e Weekend racer build up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 325e Weekend racer build up.

Bought this a few weeks ago. Plans are to make a fun AutoX car and something to safely terrorize the mountain roads around my house.

Going to start with reliability parts(which I have done already), then move into suspension and brakes.

I have been in the automotive industry for over 15 years. This is my 1st BMW.

Looking into a turbo kit to get even more torque out of it.

88 325 S-ETA --Wahwooweewah

Looks like a good start. What are you thinking for a suspension and brake setup?
    Matt

sigpic

Comment

Suspension: H&R race Springs, Koni's, and some camber plates. Already have new control arms and tie rod ends.
      Brakes, Ate blanks, Earl's SS lines, EBC Greenstuff Pads. Already have Super blue fluid

Comment

it looks good. is it a 4 door?
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          how do you know it looks good if you dont know that it is a 4 door?

and btw. . . delphin sedan ftw!

this was what mine looked like when i got it, i like to think it looks much better now.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, ....I guess.

No just one.

Comment

ha ha ha wtf
              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

get an i head and b00st that shit son
                Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
                driving boards?

Comment

Originally posted by 153624 View Post
                  Suspension: H&R race Springs, Koni's, and some camber plates. Already have new control arms and tie rod ends.
                  Brakes, Ate blanks, Earl's SS lines, EBC Greenstuff Pads. Already have Super blue fluid

Looks like a clean / good start. Maybe re-think the pads , since you are putting good fluid too.... my 2 cents.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

WhoooHoooo!

Items shipping from Newark, Delaware BY UPS GROUND

Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total H&R Race Spring Set Front and Rear fitment
                    for 1988 BMW M3 Estimated 02/09/08 1 $321.00 $321.00 Shipping Sub-Total: $16.34 Sales Tax: $0.00 Excise Tax: $0.00 State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $0.00 Order Total: $337.34

I have fairly new Boge shocks. If I put good bumpstops on, how long do you think they will last with these coils?? ...for anyone with experience.

Comment

you should be fine for a bit of time anyway. Depending how hard you push your car. But for what you listed you wanted to do to the car, I would have held out for a set of Coilovers, the ground control and Koni setup works impressively well. Most including myself run the 440/750 setup. I would not really change it for anything. Some get into tuning the car a bit more out, by changing the spring rates just a bit. But the car does exactly what I feel its going to do and have complete adjust ability.

Sounds like a real fun project and the roads are fun where you live. Being a Seta Id look into an I head swap. Turbo that and your car would be a beast in the hills of VA.

Keep posting pics of your project as you go. This site hurts the pocket book but adds tons of fun in ones life!

Good luck!
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I kind of wanted to stick with progressive rate springs because this is my daily. Otherwise, I would have purchased the GC setup

Comment

Winter where are you?

Geez I put on the snow boots and nothing. I have yet to get to really use these. I am in the Virginia mountains and we had 1 snow that lasted 1/2 a day. I really miss the snow!!!

Here is a pic of the whip with the family loaded looking for new property.

Comment

looks good... ETA is ideal engine for turbo kit

Comment

An update

I know there is some more tuning to get done, but it is fun in the twisties.

Man, I should have held out for some GC coilovers. HR race are soft. I am hoping the Koni Insert will stiffen it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X