Look at that ass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at that ass...

I finally broke down and cut the ass end off my car to replace the rust.
    I didnt take many photos but heres what I got.
    So far it has been a pain in the ass and I will pay someone to do it next time.
    I have a spot under the battery to replace and finish the driver side corner and Im done.
    Im going to strip the coating off the bottom and go to town with the evercoat. Then hit it up with some sealer..
    Does anyone know a good thick sound padding???

Wow, that's some pretty involved work. Looks good, but why did you leave the spare tire well out? Gonna run dual exhaust?
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

NO, No dual exhaust. I cut it out because it had some rust issues.
      For some reason the whole rear of this car had rust issues. The rest of it is so clean, I dont get it.
      Anyways I may put a fuel cell there. then run my exhaust up as far as I can to the drive shaft then over the subframe so I dont have to worry about scrapin and I can slam the fuck out of the car :)

Comment

Whew, that's a lot fo work. Great job!

My 325i is similar in that only the rear has rust issues. The front is clean as a whistle. Weird.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

It's probably due to water getting in through the side drains. I've seen a lot of e30s with over an inch of water sitting in the battery compartment/jack area. Water can get in then it can't get out.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
            It's probably due to water getting in through the side drains. I've seen a lot of e30s with over an inch of water sitting in the battery compartment/jack area. Water can get in then it can't get out.

You can hardly see it but heres a pic of the rust holes.

The tail panel was the worst. The bottom of the valance wasnt all that bad.
            The battery box was pretty clean too.
            Im still in the welding/grinding stage. God I hate it.
            I picked up some self etching primer today. Shit is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
              Drill holes. Done.

Comment

nice work...!!

what's the approx. weight on that OEM spare tire section that u removed..?

and tell me the details on those wheels (width x diameter, offset/backspace,cost)

thanks
                Last edited by Slick92GS-R; 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM.
                --Hayden--
                '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
                '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
                '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
                www.G2IC.com

Comment

Looks like you did a pretty good job. Make sure you Undercoat that car now to prevent future rust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclassy View Post
                    Looks like you did a pretty good job. Make sure you Undercoat that car now to prevent future rust.
                    I got 2 cans of undercoating but first Im going to spray it with a self etching primer and caulk all me seams.
                    I will update this weekend maybe if I get enough done.

Comment

Yeah thats an excellent idea. Are you using PR-15 or whatever its called?

Comment

nope no PR-15. I think that stuff is meant to go over top of rust.

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
                          nope no PR-15. I think that stuff is meant to go over top of rust.
                          They've got different stuff. Por 15 is realy good stuff, but dangerous, had a friend got really sick because of the toxins in it even when using a respirator because the chemicals in por 15 can go through respirators.

Comment

Working...
                          X