• Show
Clear All

Nice but what about all the hype in this post ? :giggle:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

god damn, its about time josh :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Crank scraper a good idea if you are going to track it. Prob not a bad idea even if you do the parking lot cone chasing.

Oil starved bearings do bad things. Ask me how I know . . . .
        YES! Please make this a required item. I have the same setup youre building if youve got any ?s. And I'm still planning on going S52...fwiw.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
        You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Check out this place for a crank scraper. They seem to know what they are doing:

Comment

What do you plan to do for software?

Maybe it's just me, but I think you are going to put a good amount of money in to this thing, and be disappointed with the result. The cost vs. power-gain ratio will be high if you do a proper rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
              He probably meant crank.

So the knife edge would be a waste, eh? Good to know, I don't want to spend money where it isn't needed. Should I still do the crank scraper?
              Yes I did.

Woot for leaving work early to get wasted on Cinco de Mayo.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                Check out this place for a crank scraper. They seem to know what they are doing:

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/bmw.html
                Thank you for being redundant.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

lol. I didn't even notice the place you posted was the same place I was talking about.

Oh well, at least now he doesn't have to google it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                    What do you plan to do for software?

Maybe it's just me, but I think you are going to put a good amount of money in to this thing, and be disappointed with the result. The cost vs. power-gain ratio will be high if you do a proper rebuild.
                    I am probably going to do a MarkD chip. Not following what you mean by "proper" rebuild. What's wrong with how I'm planning to do it?

Comment

what was mounted there on the driver's side of the block above the oil pump drive shaft? I've never seen studs in that location on an m20 block
                      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                        I am probably going to do a MarkD chip. Not following what you mean by "proper" rebuild. What's wrong with how I'm planning to do it?

Its not that your doing it wrong. I think hes just saying with the build your planning, your going to spend a lot of money and not get much hp gain.
                        -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
                          what was mounted there on the driver's side of the block above the oil pump drive shaft? I've never seen studs in that location on an m20 block
                          Alternator bracket maybe? I was trying to figure out the same thing when I first looked at the pics.

Comment

thats the studs to mount the cold start valve for the OLDSKOOL distributor cars--e21/non kat 320 e30s and such.

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                              Its not that your doing it wrong. I think hes just saying with the build your planning, your going to spend a lot of money and not get much hp gain.
                              I'm going to get the engine I want, with the mods I want. I can change more things later, but initially, I'll have a fresh, really quick M20. I think I'll get pretty good power out of it. I'm really not going to have to spend all that much on parts. Mainly what I need for the engine itself is headers, an i head, seta pistons, and an i harness/ECU. Then I just need a more appropriate diff, and I'm going to have a full exhaust done.

So Mike, if I'm not going to be using the hella old cold start valve, can I just hack those studs off? I was looking at a couple other blocks I have sitting out back, and neither of them have those studs.

Comment

Talk to some of the LOCAL engine builders. See what they recommend as far as machine work goes. Honestly, I would build a "loose" engine and make as much power as possible via a custom tune/stand alone.
                                My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                                There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
                                X