No announcement yet.

Daily drive with Hagerty insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Hagerty CCI and I daily my '89 touring I have no cap on how many miles I can drive annually. They want me to enjoy my car as they believe cars should be driven and enjoyed.
    sigpic

Comment

I daily my e30 m3. And If I were to die tomorrow I'd die a happy man because I enjoy'd my car.

Comment

When you got the policy, you had to give mileage and agree to drive it only on certain occasions. If you get in an accident in rush hour traffic, kind hard to explain why you had your baby out with all the eye dee ten tee's (id10ts) on the road when you love your car so much. e30's usually have broken odometers, so you may gets away with that, by why risk it IMO? Get a beater that meets the requirements and carry base insurance on that (ahem, e36's qualify).

If you "scam" the insurance co's like this, it only hurts everyone else who is legit in the statements. If you don't daily it, but like to take it to work a couple times a week, just tell them that and pay the premium they ask.

They took great care of me and my e30 on a total loss, but heard stories of faking theft and making claims etc. Not only is it immoral, you could face being charged as a felon if you get caught (probably not if you daily to work, just sayin).

My opinion, take it with a grain of salt. I noticed a huge jump in premiums with these kind of companies in the last few years. My pops is still paying ~$2xx/yr for $21k stated for his c3 Stingray (since 2005), my e30 was closer to $4xx for $10k.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

My odometer had been broken for a decade... how the hell would they know how much I drive the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

(ahem, e46's qualify).
            Fixed that for ya...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by ypresman View Post
              My odometer had been broken for a decade... how the hell would they know how much I drive the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Doesn't matter what the odo says when you are in the middle of rush hour traffic, plus if you stated the mileage when you got the policy and there's no mileage since, it will throw a flag.

There are better ways to save a few dollars a month TBH. Your premium might not even change if you tell them you take it to work a few times a week. I told them I did, don't think it changed - but every client is different.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Insurance companies make money 2 ways. First by investing your premiums until they have to pay out a claim and second....by not paying out claims unless they have to. Add to that, the insurance industry has data on you on a par with equifax so before you fudge on a policy ask yourself....do you feel lucky :)
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Working...
                X