The start of a new look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The start of a new look

well, today was the first day of plenty that I will be spending with my M3. I am tearing it apart, and it is going to get a full respray. I am not going to say what color it will be till a later time-= but it is a BMW color, unlike whats on it now. The pics from today really SUK, but I will get better ones in the very near future. I plan on really taking a billion pics of the process, and will post them every once in a while here.
    so on to the crappy pics.

arriving at the home of my M3- a buddys barn that I rent- the eta race machine is now my new truck to bring crap back and forth. unfortunately the barn is about a 30 min. drive from my house.

huh, whats behind door number 1?

so there it is, in my not so clean and orderly garage. Dave???? (j/k)- i did get a lot straighted out after the pic, gonna need a bit of room. I spy some of the parts of red rocket!!, a few M42s and even a M50 layin around.

an ass shot before the massacre begins. How many of you have carpet for your cars?

easy exit

a few more things missing.

even pulled some of the front apart too. A friend showed up, so he started taking the front apart while i took apart the rear.

rockin a e60 17" snow tire. the offset is actually really nice, just the center bore is a tad to small.

even emptied out the doors.
    Last edited by mikeedler; 12-02-2006, 11:14 AM.

I feel a little tipsy after lookin at those. lol Cant wait for the rebuild. :)

Comment

damn boy. its already sick, i cant wait to see it progress.

Comment

I always thought it would be cool to go exploring and find a really old barn (not point intended), open it and see a car that has only a couple miles on it and be just sitting there.
        Kinda what you did but you already knew it was there so its not as exciting haha. Good luck with the rebuild!

Comment

hmmm...I might think I know what color after what you PMed me. ;) I ain't sayin' nothin' though...
          '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

aw shit. I love that you're going back to a BMW color. good luck w/ everything man!

Comment

Can't wait to see what it will look like next !
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I think I want frenchies for my car now.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

that is fucking awesome to open an old ass barn door to find something like this inside. YAY presents!!!

Comment

You may want to invest in a tripod if you are planning on taking a lot of pictures of this project. Blur-ey! :D

Sounds like a fun project. I have always loved your M3 and can't wait to see how it turns out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mike , your paint has always appeared flawless in the pics you post up .

Are you getting it painted purely to change the color ?

Oh and nice barn layout .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by f u z z View Post
                        damn boy. its already sick, i cant wait to see it progress.
                        IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

Are you going with the color we spoke about when I was in Germany???? :D

- Erick
                          PS: I <3 your daily.
                          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Um, what could be wrong with that beast?!?

Comment

Mate your so lucky! whats the new colour going to be
                              sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                              Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                              NEW One on the track :)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                              Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Working...
                              X