Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted- Lightweight / Race Exterior door mirrors, carbon fiber or fiberglass.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted- Lightweight / Race Exterior door mirrors, carbon fiber or fiberglass.....

Looking for a set of lightweight mirrors for lightweight e30 doors, either carbon fiber or fiberglass just can't weight too much. I'll consider anything but don't want a generic mirror that bolts onto a baseplate, I want one made specifically for e30 like AC Schnitzer or DTM style with direct, precise fit. Prefer manual adjustable mirrors as opposed to fixed.

So I know there are the vented and non vented type, and the cup and dtm styles. Some of the makers are AC Schnitzer, DTMfiberwerks, Markus, etc. Anybody tried any of the generic dtm mirrors they sell on ebay for e30? They look like copies of the motorsports mirrors but wondering about fitment and weight.

Comment

bump

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

bump

Comment

Mashaw

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Do they make mirrors? I did a search and came up with nothing.

Comment

bump

Comment

Any idea how much the Markus mirrors go for?

Comment

Last i knew he was selling them for around $4-500.

Comment

I ended up getting lucky and finding a pair of original oem bmw motorsport mirrors. These mirrors are typically dtm or gruppe a type mirrors, and they are the ones that everyone else (except for ACS) copied. As far as I know there were three versions: One was just a fiberglass shell that they would stick on with tinfoil as a mirror just to meet regulations. The second type was a full plastic formed mirror housing and base with threaded mounts, and glass glued in place. The third was similar but used a part from a bmw motorcycle inside the housing to mount the mirror and allow adjustability. This is the type that I got, altogether they both weigh under a pound. They do have a BMW part number stamped on it but hard to find info on internet about old stuff. I have seen multiple 1:1 replicas of these as well as a lot of the generic repros of these. I'll post some pics for reference, I know some people might be interested in the info. My reason for searching these out is that they will be mounted to carbon fiber doors on an e30 m3 race car, so they will have both form and function.

Comment

Can you post the part number from one of the mirrors please.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X