Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mrsleeve I sent you a pm

Comment

I was going to Brighton in the early 90's, I bet it's alot differnt now.
      sigpic

Comment

Whoh, missed this thread. GR is a great place to go, it's a nice sized city with plenty to do, but not too big.

K-Zoo is a nice place, but it's a little boring. However, I lead a pretty boring life, so I guess it fits in.

Any meets in the middle of MI, or Auto-X's? I frequent the Tire Rack down in South Bend since it's a nice little track to run on. Beats the chuck-holed parking lots at other events.

Tom
        My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

Originally posted by skota View Post
          Yup, houghton, Both my brothers went to school at MTU, my younger brother played hockey for the huskeys. I used to run up to Brighton from Lansing in the late 80's to go snowboarding. Cool area, I miss it.
          Sometimes it's hard to tell....the trolls think Houghton means Houghton Lake ya know. ; )

So when were your brothers there? I was there from '89-'95...cough, cough, but no MS degree, some time off in there. ; )

Brighton is alright for SE MI. I'm from TC so getting this far south is a bit harsh for me. I like Brighton being a bit removed from the "metro" area for sure though. We lived in Plymouth for 8 years before moving out here 4 years ago....much better. And we're closer to Grattan, Gingerman, Putnam Park... ; )
          Jack Money
          http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
          Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

My older brother was there till around 94 and my younger brother till around 99, last name Kotajarvi.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd be down for a meet or something in Michigan, I'd go only if AWDe30 wasn't there though, he's a major asshole to me and my innocent eta E30.

Comment

i am from windsor and wouldn't mind meeting up someone in michigan. Also i would be interested in going to ohio if anyone wants to caravan.

Comment

I don't care where the meet is around here. I am really hurting to get my grill in the trunk.

I met your mom.

Comment

There is a BMW CCA Club Racing School and BMW CCA DE at Mid Ohio the first week in April, 4-6 IIRC. I'll be instructing in the race school. It'll be a busy weekend with everything going on but a track event is always a good place to meet if you ask me. I'll also be instructing in the BMW CCA DE at Putnam Park the following weekend.

Cheers.
                    Jack Money
                    http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
                    Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

Hmmm that might be worth seeing. Ya know everyone that goes will have a fun ride home. LOL

I met your mom.

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTom View Post
                        Whoh, missed this thread. GR is a great place to go, it's a nice sized city with plenty to do, but not too big.

K-Zoo is a nice place, but it's a little boring. However, I lead a pretty boring life, so I guess it fits in.

Any meets in the middle of MI, or Auto-X's? I frequent the Tire Rack down in South Bend since it's a nice little track to run on. Beats the chuck-holed parking lots at other events.

Tom

The Furrin group used to put on nice events. I usually made it to the ABC auto auction event. Not the best site but good folks and decent courses....I was always afraid of balling up my S/P car when sliding off course into the grass at the TireRack so I never ran my car there.
                        If you really like autoxing YOU HAVE GOT TO GO to a cendiv event at Oscoda wurtsmouth AFB, if they still host events there. Went to the last Pro Solo there and that was by far the best autox I've been to yet!!

Otherwise Michigan is slim pickin's for really good autoxes.....If you are close to toledo BAX airport is a GREAT site, and the NWOR folks put on good events. They were my home region to even though I was 2.5 hours away and another region was only 1/2hr away. Just a good group of folks.
                        sigpic

88 325is

Comment

#2 for the Oscoda auto-x.

A nice 2 day event in a beach town.

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
                            The Furrin group used to put on nice events. I usually made it to the ABC auto auction event. Not the best site but good folks and decent courses....I was always afraid of balling up my S/P car when sliding off course into the grass at the TireRack so I never ran my car there.
                            If you really like autoxing YOU HAVE GOT TO GO to a cendiv event at Oscoda wurtsmouth AFB, if they still host events there. Went to the last Pro Solo there and that was by far the best autox I've been to yet!!

Otherwise Michigan is slim pickin's for really good autoxes.....If you are close to toledo BAX airport is a GREAT site, and the NWOR folks put on good events. They were my home region to even though I was 2.5 hours away and another region was only 1/2hr away. Just a good group of folks.
                            When I mentioned the chuck-holed events, I was really talking about the ABC auto auction! Yeah, it's a fun, fast setup, but the surface leads a lot to be desired.

I'll have to check out those events you mentioned. The Tirerack is fine, I've never really worried about running off the course, I see a lot of people do it, but if you have a car that is not happy going into the grass, I can see your hesitation.

Here's a shot of me at the Tirerack just running into the grass...

Any plans on doing events this year? It's always nice to put faces to screen names.

Tom
                            My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

I reckon I could put on a BBQ at my place but I'd like to do something in the summer, I don't have a great entertaining house so it be best if the weather is conducive to being outside.

I've got enough space that we shouldn't have too much trouble parking the all the Kraut.

Oh ya I'm not too far off 23 in Hartland which is between Brighton and Fenton.

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerTom View Post
                                When I mentioned the chuck-holed events, I was really talking about the ABC auto auction! Yeah, it's a fun, fast setup, but the surface leads a lot to be desired.

I'll have to check out those events you mentioned. The Tirerack is fine, I've never really worried about running off the course, I see a lot of people do it, but if you have a car that is not happy going into the grass, I can see your hesitation.

Here's a shot of me at the Tirerack just running into the grass...

Any plans on doing events this year? It's always nice to put faces to screen names.

Tom

The ABC site is rough....But the folks were great IMO.....Fast though?? Some of you guys need to get to Grissom down in Peru IN.:p In my S/P car you could hit 70 plus, in a few places....FUN!!

That car was pretty stable as far as staying on all 4 when sliding. The problem is that I always managed to spin out at least once or twice per event.......And that car had alot of $$ dumped into it. Sideways into grass =

Yeah despite the car being almost completely stock, cept' a bunch of SM lightening, yeah I might. It's not prepped yet but who cares......Next year though it's on.
                                sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X