No announcement yet.

Oil Cooler Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is massively disappointing, they word it such that, at first glance, you believe you are buying American made products. Not that American made is necessarily the best, or even good, I just like to try and support local, if not local then intranational. (I say having never owned an American car.....)

The setrab parts list I saw advertised the units at $500-900, but I'm seeing them on eBay for a completely reasonable $130-200.

Comment

Where does Mishimoto purport to be American Made? I was never under that impression.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
        A couple NASCAR guys sell inspected units with only a weekend's working time on them. At least that was the case a couple years ago.
        Yep, I think there is a few still doing that. I've picked up a few here and there for projects that way. I think one of the guys went under the name "Raceprovenparts" or something of that ilk.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I never said they purported it, only that it's mildly suggested-- just browse their site and read their about section-- it doesn't mention China once. Everything is all about their "two giant facilities" in Delaware. Take a look at their boxes. I don't think "completion" is the right word if they're not produced in Delaware, that's not cool. I never gave it much thought-- they're a major brand that likes to play up their American side.

My PCB are all manufactured in America, and my plastic parts are all locally manufactured in Colorado. Our economy has enough trouble without outsourcing everything. At least a lot Subarus are built in America.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, by that slogan they're doing their best to imply it's an American product without breaking the law. Pretty much saying everything they can, short of "made in the USA."

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Agreed. Should say "from concept to vague prototype" hah, at least be honest with people about it.

Comment

I thought there was something about it having to be at least 10% assembled here to be legally considered "Made in America." Don't know if that is true still or an urban legend.
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

That's not true, or at least not accurate.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                    That is massively disappointing

Many aftermarket marketers are one-step away from small-lot used-car salesmen. It extends to the highest level. Late last week I watched a tech glue $1,500 carbon OVERLAYS over the plastic fender vent slats on a new GT3RS. The glossy brochure claimed "Lightweight!" "Aerospace-grade carbon!".

The dishonesty of others in this industry is something you will have to accept and work around, or it will drive you bananas.

Sorry for the rant.
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Well, I guess the parts themselves were lightweight? haha

Comment

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...e-usa-standard

Looks like the FTC has gotten a little stricter with the claim.

Of course, "Made in the USA" vs "Assembled in the USA" are two very different things.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Wandering off on this, opened a Sachs box the other day to find a Made in Taiwan
                          sticker on the part.

We were Not Amused.

t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Going to look into a Derale cooler... Not sure if they're 100% made in the US, but they seem nice.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Derale are very reasonably priced on jeggs, and they include a fan (Overkill for some). Their website States "made in America" is their goal, but it's always in quotation marks whatever that means haha. also that they try to source from local companies which is definitely cool

Comment

I'm probably going to end up getting a Setrab, especially since they have so many sizes and options available.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                                X