No announcement yet.

R Comp advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your ABS is fully functional, and you have enough spring rate and chassis roll resistance to support an R-comp, then try them. if you don't meet these criteria, then don't bother as they won't be faster or work as advertised. you need anti roll enhancements to keep the tread flat on the asphalt. Else you'll be riding on the tire shoulders....MacPherson induced body roll.
    They will demand a different driving style, than street rubber to get the best performance out of them.
    Though lateral grip will be increased, they tend to let go more abruptly than street tires.
    225mm tread width will be the minimum to harness the S52.
    m

Comment

I'm with MX339 on this one. RR's are not the way to go unless you are in competition and they are not as sticky as Hoosier R7's. I also race on them in Spec E30 and they are good, but not the best option for what you are doing. Plus, they cycle out waaay faster than most R comp tires.

I am going to offer something different...Federal 595RS-R or RR's. For the money, they are tough to beat. Only the Nitto NT01 is a better call.

That being said, ramp up tires gradually. Develop your driving skills on lesser tires before you move up in mechanical grip. Max out your street tires without destroying them, then you move up to the next level. The smoother you are, the less "chewed up" your tires should look. Remember, speed is a byproduct of being smooth, not the other way around.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X