Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS 88ix: White, Sedan, 5 speed (Western NY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 88ix: White, Sedan, 5 speed (Western NY)

I don't post here often, ever in fact. lol. I do post on e30tech quite regularly though. I've noticed some hate between forums but I am impartial.

I digress, I'm really trying to get an e46 and I need a few extra grand so the e30 has to go.

since I hate looking for a price in a thread I'll put it early $2800 obo

I bought this car from Canada in late August and have been daily driving it since November. I have all the paperwork including a clean New York title in my name

VIN:WBAAE930XJ8139543

No lies in this thread. I bought it with rose colored glasses and felt like I got jipped. There will be no surprises here.

The bad:
    -The paint is in rough shape. All of the body panels that can be unbolted from the car were from a red non-ix and it was not given the best paint job. Its also pretty rusty, but the worst of it has been fixed: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101141
    -No e-brake. at all. But I did spend almost $300 in parts from tischer to put it back together. I have not put the parts on but its all there.
    -front left inner axle boot ripped a little. Its been fine since day one so I haven't bothered to change it but I do have a spare set of front axles with all 4 brand new boots to go on them.
    -Cluster works randomly. I have 2 other clusters (one is a 'european' one). I couldn't get either to work though so I left the original canadian one in. It's probably something simple. I also have two sets of cluster gears (@$25 each) but the gears in the current one are fine.
    -central locking doesnt work
    -I think the wiper box is broken or something because the squirter didn't work with the lever, so I used the cruise switch to make it work (I ran the ground side of the pump through that switch to a keyed ground, pretty easy simple to undo, no cut wires besides the one going to the pump)
    -cruise and AC have been removed by PO. I have 75% of the parts to put the AC back in. just need the pump and tube that goes on the right strut tower.
    -this was/is an OBC car, I have the 13 button unit and all the wiring, but I took it out to put the analog clock in
    -I am not sure of the condition of the locks, they seemed finicky so I don't use them. But I do have 'new' cylinders with keys (including ignition and trunk) to go in eventually
    -There was this shitty purple tint on when I bought it. I scrapped it off because I couldn't see at night and I have not gotten to removing the residue yet.
    -for some reason you don't have to press the clutch to start it
    -fog lights don't work
    -no chrome trim over the doors, one side of the car has black door trim, the other side has black w/chrome stripe
    -it either needs speakers or a new HU. if I turn it up too loud sometimes the HU shuts off and I need to unplug it for a bit for it to turn back on.
    -I tried to go through a snow bank and got stuck: lost the front lip and I had my buddy try to push me out with his truck and his plow dented the trunk lid a bit. (the plan was for his plow to push the bumper, not the trunk. fml)
    -holes for license plate lights are basically rusted out

The good.
    -AWD works perfect, passes jack test. I changed the fluid and it was clean.
    -White with black interior, what is better than that?!?
    -seats are rip free sans the drivers bolster piping is worn a bit
    -clutch/tranny are great
    -It has a thule roof rack.
    -motor doesn't burn any oil (its a miracle, I know)
    -heated seats work well, very well
    -ddm hid's. no issues ever.
    -99.9% crack free dash. Only baby spot is in front of the driver from the vent to the edge (as in its not spreading). I only noticed this when I changed the windshield.
    -steelies with winter tires, basket weaves with all seasons (no center caps)
    -hood latch pull was rigged, bought new cable/handle from BMW, yet to be installed
    -its lowered on ebay coilovers but nothing was cut so stock springs can easily be put in if desired.
    -all windows and sun roof work.
    -analog clock
    -supposedly the motor was rebuilt (its painted green, it appears to have been done outside of the engine bay), but I have no documentation to back it up
    -front drive shaft showed no signs of wear when changing the TC.
    -no carpet (it was musty from the rusty/leaky/floor
    -mini cooper floor mats. They fit surprisingly well.
    -air bag knee bolster
    -ipod aux in to radio. charges ipod too.

pics taken 1/30:

if you somehow missed it earlier the price is $2800 obo. I do not need to sell this and I am having a blast driving it, so I'm not too flexible. If it doesn't sell I will keep it to auto-x and what not.

If I were to keep it I would fix the ac and door latches/locks (which I basically have the parts to do, I am just lacking the time right now). Other than that I dont think it really needs much for what it is.

any questions just ask. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this anywhere, that said I will deliver it for a non-refundable fee (total miles divided by 18 multiplied by 3.5, plus return flight $$ plus hotel $$, it might be cheaper to ship though). Currently located in 14620.

Thanks

p/s, this is the best car I have ever driven in the snow. ever. I can pass people whenever I want and feel totally safe and comfortable doing so.

pp/s, on 2/2 I lost the right fog light to a snow bank and a piece of the rear bumper trim to someone backing into me. This will never sell. lol
    Last edited by travisn; 02-08-2011, 08:41 AM.

Mileage?

Comment

an honest answer would be unknown. The cluster says 144km so thats about 90k miles and that cannot be right given the condition of the body, plus the speedo works less than half of the time anyways.
      Last edited by travisn; 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

bump. needs a front diff. axles are rebuilt though. any serious offer considered. will need to be trailered at this point.

Hopefully I will be able to get to swapping the diff soon though.

Comment

Working...
        X