Removable Radiator Support Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removable Radiator Support Brackets

I want to make a removable radiator support, and I was wondering if anyone has thought of making pre-made brackets with the right dimensions and angles to align to the e30 body. People like me without the technical and fabrication skills can just buy and have them welded on after cutting off the support to make it removable. I think there can be large demand for such a product. I know there are people on here who have made their radiator supports removable but I don’t have those skills. Since we have people (like Garagistic among others) with the machinery and technical know-how to make such stuff, it would be easy to make so they would fit and conform to the e30 lines.

We did save our bracket design from "ares" our ls1 e30. We can supply those brackets, but it will still take some cutting and welding. They are the brackets in here:

Welcome to the second installment of the E30-LS1 Build. Here we discuss a topic that is on every E30 enthusiast’s mind – How to effectively make the radiator core support removable. And this is just the first of 2 parts discussing this very in-depth topic. To start, we’d like to quantify this discussion. Let’s list out

Comment

Welding and fabbing brackets is the easy part. Getting it cut out cleanly and boxed in nicely for me was the more difficult part. If you are nervous about your abilities I would just take it to a shop and ask them to do it.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Working...
      X