Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who got dirt cheap E30s, how did you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loki_ View Post
    You need to have cash and be prepared to go meet people as soon as the ad is posted.
    This is definitely a good strategy.

I have also had luck getting incredible deals with ads that have been posted for over a month. In one case, the seller was frustrated and done dealing with the car, so he accepted my ridiculously low offer (excellent deal).

I am trying this tactic again. Hopefully it pans out just as well this time.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

haha I am not about to disclose my bartering methods

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        haha I am not about to disclose my bartering methods
        Let me guess, you only buy cars from older single women?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Let me guess, you only buy cars from older single women?
          What's wrong with that? ;D I like me some cougars. ;)
          Estoguy
          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Buy them from truckers. Got mine from a trucker who only was in town every two weeks or so and decided it would be too hard for him to sell it otherwise and no I did not buy it at a truck stop and there was no sex or drugs exchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by The30man View Post
              Buy them from truckers. Got mine from a trucker who only was in town every two weeks or so and decided it would be too hard for him to sell it otherwise and no I did not buy it at a truck stop and there was no sex or drugs exchanged.
              It's very suspicious that you specifically stated what wasn't exchanged, makes me think that this is exactly what you did.

Comment

Buy them with known mechanical issues, lowball based on problems, drag it home and fix issues.

My m20 e30 had a mean misfire, which turned out to be a stuffed head and headgasket. but for $1700 AUD a s1 white coupe with a perfect body, paint and interiour was hard to go past.

Another ~$1200 to rebuild the top end of the engine, and $1000aud to convert to manual and i have a s1 white coupe in manual with a good m20 for under $4k aud. And best part is i know what has been done and wont need to be done for a long time.

Just remember body, paint and interior are hard to fix cheaply, those are the most important aspects when buying old cars. Everything mechanical can be fixed by backyarders with spanners and sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                  ^I'm still waiting to see pics of this "e30" you bought

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                  A few pics of the dirt cheap Edirty.

Sorry about the crappy Android quality

It's a little ugly but I absolutley love this car. It feels so right getting back in an e30. I test drove a lot of other cars but I couldn't connect with them like I do in e30. They just didn't make me excited. I jumped in this beater E30 and fell back in love.

This car officially redeemed me. I've got the passion back. I remembered why I loved these cars so much.

Can't wait to build another one. This sedan is gonna stay mostly stock and just be a solid DD. Doing t-belt/water pump, all fluids and a tune up next week and that's really all it needs. Suspension is already super tight. The M20 is dirty but very strong, even with the slushbox.

My next build will be V8 powered with manual everything like my 88 but this time in an early shell with euro bumpers. ..

For me, it's E30 or nothing at all. No other car will satisfy me.

Oh, here's the e30 I built before this one.
                  The sedan isn't quite as nice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by totheredline; 04-19-2017, 08:35 PM.
                  = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Working...
                  X