Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold

SOLD!

Copied and pasted from e30tech. Having a baby; need to sell. Pictures are not good at all; sorry.

UPDATED: $2k FIRM! Well worth it! I've seen cars with blown motors for more. I'm in a desperate situation and need this sold or traded for a 4door/4 or 6cyl of some sort (either bmw or honda), might consider others. Please text 931-205-2976; located at Alabama line. Would drive to sell.

I am selling my car because I need the money asap. $3000 O.B.O.
    89 325i coupe showing 16xk miles - broken odo, Getrag 260 5speed transmission, e36 steering rack. Also has 3.73lsd rear end. Motor had ~155k miles from 95 325i VANOS.

*Has an oil leak now and could use a new lower radiator hose (I hacked it up too short); and needs front wheel bearings. The left wheel isn't making noise the the right one is.

Parts Purchased NEW for M50:
    e34 throttle cable
    Solid UHMW tranny/motor mounts
    Sachs m20 clutch set
    Throwout bearing
    Pilot bearing - needs replaced, transmission crushed it while being put in. Haven't had the time to replace it. Doesn't affect drive ability.
    m20 clutch release fork and pivot pin
    Spring for throwout bearing
    80deg. thermostat and o-ring
    aluminum thermostat housing
    oil filter (x2)
    Intake boot
    Radiator temp. switch
    Flywheel bolts
    m20 fuel filter
    shift tower bushing
    Alternator to Waterpump belt
    Metal impeller water pump
    NGK spark plugs
    valve cover gasket
    oil pan gasket
    spark plug sealing gaskets
    exhaust manifold gaskets
    intake man. gaskets
    headgasket
    front and rear main seal
    Oil filter housing seal
    Brown top m20 coolant sensor
    Cone filter
    Orings for oil feed hose
    Power steering resevoir
    Alternator 2 piece ducts
    ignition coil boots
    Rebuilt shifter
    All new fluids Oil, Coolant, Brake fluid, power steering fluid, diff fluid
    Clutch slave cylinder and master (new)
    e36 leather e-brake handle (used)

Suspension: Ground control coilover springs with Bilstein shocks and struts.

Interior is 9/10 with the dash only has 2-3 small cracks. Seats are perfect with only one small tear on driver's back of seat; half an inch.

Now to the not so great stuff. I'll try to mention everything I can think of so all of it is very clear and don't have to waste anyone's time.
    Exterior: 7/10 some hail damage on trunk, top of car and roof. Not a lot. Paint chip on hood the size of 1/4 of a cd. Paint is not perfect, but has clear coat still.
    The speedo works intermittently, most of the time it doesn't.
    No o2 sensor as mentioned, but passed emissions
    No a/c - original lines were taken off but can be bought used cheap. You need custom lines anyway to work for this swap.
    No heat but does blow air. May still have air bubble in line.
    There is too much power steering assist - think it needs another power steering pump. Swapped to another rack and was not the problem.
    Think it has vaccum leak; will sometimes drop idle and die when I let off gas; I just pop the clutch and keep driving.
    Did have a valve cover leak, mechanic fixed it, but it's still leaking from somewhere and burns on the exhaust so it sometimes smokes while sitting.
    Needs a new hood hinge - $10
    ABS is not connected.

With all that said, this is a fun car. I daily drive it and take trips often 1-1.5hr trips and it doesn't overheat or leave me stranded. A lot of work has been put into this car.
    Clean and clear title in hand.

*Has elipsoids and 8k hids now.

Only rust I've seen..on rear valence.

Need a bracket for harness...yes, looks tacky.

Last edited by e30prideTN; 02-16-2011, 08:15 AM.

Very Interested!

Comment

Well it's still available. I may have a chance to buy another e30 soon on the cheap and I may keep it to fix more and raise the price. I hate to sell for so cheap.

Comment

Also has 2 original BMW plastic floor mats for the front. I spent a whole day taking out the seats and consoles to spot clean all the carpet. Then the next day I dropped a fresh nacho supreme on the carpet so I have to clean again. Cheese is under the seat tho ;)

Comment

Any pics of the hail damage?

Comment

what a sleeper

Comment

Sold yesterday. Drove it to Atlanta for the kid to drive and buy it.

Now I'm in the market for a 4 door or e36.

Comment

Working...
              X