No announcement yet.

High School E30 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea dude this is R3V, if you get offended easily your gonna have a bad time here. I learned that very quickly. People are gonna try to piss you off. Especially when your young like us. That's just how it goes here. I suggest you don't take any shit people give you seriously. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
      Yea dude this is R3V, if you get offended easily your gonna have a bad time here. I learned that very quickly. People are gonna try to piss you off. Especially when your young like us. That's just how it goes here. I suggest you don't take any shit people give you seriously. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just don't worry about it.

True, I'm definitely not offended I was just surprised at how many people get off at being negative for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Evan View Post
        fr dude what's your problem? Not sure why you guys are so salty about me asking a legitimate question and stating the fact that there is a chance that I get involved in an accident just like every other person on the road
        Because you're 16, and there's a really high chance that you'll get into an accident like every other teenager on the road. Your attitude with regards to your driving ability is screaming overconfidence (and lack of self awareness), and that is often how a 16 year old kid ends up crashing.

Comment

Well consider yourself warned. Here read through my crash thread. Some people are really nice, some not as much. That's life.

Read this-
          I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
            Because you're 16, and there's a really high chance that you'll get into an accident like every other teenager on the road. Your attitude with regards to your driving ability is screaming overconfidence, and that is often how a 16 year old kid ends up crashing.

That's how I ended up crashing. [emoji23]

Comment

See, J Mid has got it down already. And his blunder was a pretty big one.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Agreed. The car means a lot more to me than just the cost. I'd like to get into Autox maybe when i can afford a better suspension/tire setup. And can afford to fix more broken parts because at the end of the day its still a 30 year old car.
                You don't need a fancy suspension or tire setup to autox. Nobody will judge you, just go have some fun and at the end of the day your car will tell you what it really needs. The last thing you want to do at your age is to start throwing hundreds of dollars of marginal upgrades at a car you autox maybe a few times a year. It's tempting to want to copy some of the build threads on the forums, but it's just not worth it.

Just mind your driving confidence and DON'T CRASH IT.
                My Feedback

Comment

That's how I ended up crashing. [emoji23]
                  Haha, I was gonna use you as an example, but didn't wanna be a dick.

One more thing I wanna add.

I'll do my best but that's the risk you run when you have such a fun car at my age. Plus you can't control other people on the roads, and they seem to be the biggest liability.
                  A) If crashing is such a high risk for someone "your age" with a fun car, maybe you shouldn't have that car.

B) Yes, you can't control other people's actions on the road. You can, however, control your own, by learning how to pay attention and avoid a potential accident. And again, at your age, YOU are a much higher liability than someone 10 years older, which is why insurance rates are so high for teens.

Actually, now that I think about it, the issue I have with your attitude isn't overconfidence so much as it is a lack of personal responsibility.

Comment

*You're

:)
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      Haha, I was gonna use you as an example, but didn't wanna be a dick.

One more thing I wanna add.

A) If crashing is such a high risk for someone "your age" with a fun car, maybe you shouldn't have that car.

B) Yes, you can't control other people's actions on the road. You can, however, control your own, by learning how to pay attention and avoid a potential accident. And again, at your age, YOU are a much higher liability than someone 10 years older, which is why insurance rates are so high for teens.

Actually, now that I think about it, the issue I have with your attitude isn't overconfidence so much as it is a lack of personal responsibility.
                      I'm just gonna thank you for your input because called me irresponsible couldn't be further from the truth. But since your only impression of me is from this thread I don't blame you for your conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                        *You're

I'm bad at English, enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                          You don't need a fancy suspension or tire setup to autox. Nobody will judge you, just go have some fun and at the end of the day your car will tell you what it really needs. The last thing you want to do at your age is to start throwing hundreds of dollars of marginal upgrades at a car you autox maybe a few times a year. It's tempting to want to copy some of the build threads on the forums, but it's just not worth it.

Just mind your driving confidence and DON'T CRASH IT.
                          Not crashing seems to be a common theme. One of my friends has an e28 and ever since he stopped thrashing it he stopped breaking parts. I'd much rather baby the car than it being broken all the time

Comment

I bought my E30 when I was a senior in highschool. It was completely stock, original suspension, bottle caps, and a 5 speed, and 205k miles to boot. I was really fortunate that I was able to drive a spare family car to school everyday. Like you said, a lot of really shitty drivers at my highschool. Many people would drive 1 inch from your bumper while in the parking lot, and would peel out with their hummers or lifted pick up trucks when it was their turn to leave. A few people even got DUIs, it just wasn't worth bringing it to school.

I drove my E30 everywhere else though, and spent the time really practicing my driving, working on maintenance, and as the years went by, modding it, and always doing maintenance. I'm almost 25 now, and I'm lucky that I haven't gotten into an accident yet *knocks on wood*. Of course, just like every other teenage driver, you've always got something to prove and you think you're way better of a driver than you really are. It just the way it is. Just take it easy, don't bother racing people (there will be plenty of opportunities at your age, but don't bother), stay humble, improving yourself as a driver, keep your car running in tip top shape, and you'll have a great time. You've got to have thick skin to hang on r3v. It isn't as harsh as it used to be, but your responses thus far as invoked the fukboi comments, just the way it is. The more humble you are, and the sooner you're willing to act that way, the better off you'll be, and that applies to most things in life. If you decide to stick around, everything you need to know is here.

Good luck.
                            Need a limited slip differential? Check my FS threads

Feedback thread

Comment

High School E30 owners

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                              *You're

What a savage

Also this thread is LOL worthy. There needs to be an archive of all these

89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofe30s View Post
                                I bought my E30 when I was a senior in highschool. It was completely stock, original suspension, bottle caps, and a 5 speed, and 205k miles to boot. I was really fortunate that I was able to drive a spare family car to school everyday. Like you said, a lot of really shitty drivers at my highschool. Many people would drive 1 inch from your bumper while in the parking lot, and would peel out with their hummers or lifted pick up trucks when it was their turn to leave. A few people even got DUIs, it just wasn't worth bringing it to school.

I drove my E30 everywhere else though, and spent the time really practicing my driving, working on maintenance, and as the years went by, modding it, and always doing maintenance. I'm almost 25 now, and I'm lucky that I haven't gotten into an accident yet *knocks on wood*. Of course, just like every other teenage driver, you've always got something to prove and you think you're way better of a driver than you really are. It just the way it is. Just take it easy, don't bother racing people (there will be plenty of opportunities at your age, but don't bother), stay humble, improving yourself as a driver, keep your car running in tip top shape, and you'll have a great time. You've got to have thick skin to hang on r3v. It isn't as harsh as it used to be, but your responses thus far as invoked the fukboi comments, just the way it is. The more humble you are, and the sooner you're willing to act that way, the better off you'll be, and that applies to most things in life. If you decide to stick around, everything you need to know is here.

Good luck.
                                A+ response, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X