Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question- pass seat removal

Hi all,
    I have somehow done this years ago but now I vannot remember how. I have the seat pushed all the way forward. The left rear bolt is really hard to get to. I have trued several 17 mm methods; low profile socket, drop head wrench, etc. what do you suggest?

Sorry for the typos.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderzol View Post
      Sorry for the typos.

I used a 6" socket extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you move the seat forward and keep it in "Passenger Mode" like forward (sorry proper terms are eluding me currently). If so and you still cant see it check to see if your rails are rusted. If rusted they may not allow the + seafoam + piece of wood to get them to slide up enough to grant me access to the bolts. Mine were rusted solid and i had to use a rubber mallet I used a regular 3/8 wrench and socket, and had no issues reaching it at all.

Comment

Push the seat all the way forward and press the lever on the side of the seat to make the seat pop up. Once the seat is sitting up higher, you should have plenty of clearance to get a socket on there.
          1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
          Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
            Push the seat all the way forward and press the lever on the side of the seat to make the seat pop up. Once the seat is sitting up higher, you should have plenty of clearance to get a socket on there.
            This ^

Its not the lever on the side that reclines the seat back, is the other lever. Instead of a pull i think its a push down and the seat raises.

Comment

Oh man...Thank you! Just needed the "move the seat up" wisdom. Struggling for days.

cheers!

Comment

It worked.

Thanks for the comments/help!

Comment

Working...
                X