e93 M3 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e93 M3 vert

anyone here have any comments on owning a convertible M3 from 2007 to 2013?

I'm not in the market yet, but had one drive by me in Hawaii and it's just a good looking car. Especially like the hardtop convertible part of it up here in the wet PNW.

Prices have dropped on these and they actually look reasonable.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

I never cared for e9x M3s for daily driving duties, I find that the 335i does a way better job at a lower cost and more "mod" potential. Drop top M cars always have a dicey future/resale as they age as they can't be tracked (afaik) without installing a rollbar and will never be as competitive as solid-roof twins.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Gonna agree with Julien.

The 335 is a way better way to go, unless you are purely after having an M3. And this is coming from a guy who has contemplated an E92 M3 for a while now, with the mindset that I 'had to have' an M3.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

yes I don't think it would be a daily driver, and not really terribly worried about resale value. I love the motor and exhaust sound and the e92 body style which I've owned before with my 328xi. I would like to own an M someday i guess, and I miss a convertible up here when the weather is nice.
        We were in Maui last week and a burnt orange color M3 vert drove by the corner i was standing on. Got me thinking.......
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I've enjoyed my e92 M, and have often thought on nice days that it would be cool to have an e93 and get to hear all that awesome engine noise with the top down. If it's something you want, I'd go for it. If you want something to talk you off the ledge, google e9X M3 (or s65) rod bearing failures. I personally think these cars belonged to a vocal minority of folks who drove them hard, and lived near the 8400 rpm redline a lot, but then again, BMW told the customer they could do that, so I'm not judging. Either way, it is probably something to be aware of as a prospective buyer.
          e92 M3
          e30 M3 s52 swap
          w203 C240 wagon (DD)
          190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Working...
          X