Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a 16x7.5 et35 and 16x8.5 et25 size wheel fit and if so, what size tire? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Originally posted by pr0craztinazn View Post
      I picked up a '90 325is with Ground Control's street/track coilovers, and I'd like to know if you're aware of how wide a wheel I can run in a square fitment with no fender pulling using 225/45/15 BFG Rivals and with what offset. The Miata guys run them on 9" wide wheels, but I don't think those clear late model rear fenders without a roll & pull, and my measurements show I'd need +12 to +15 offset to clear the front struts. 15x8 +20 would be safe, but the tires yield more grip when mounted on 15x8.5s or 15x9s.
      8" is the practical limit. But if you want to push it, 15x8.5 +17 could just work with a rear fender roll and front camber plates.
      To follow up: Ruff Racing R358s need at least 7mm of spacers to clear the front caliper brackets. I wasn't willing to deal with that because I didn't want a crazy amount of poke, so I sold the wheels. 15x8.5 +17 fitment does not work with this particular wheel.

Comment

Great thread here!

Im looking at running 17x8 +40 and 17x9 +45 with 20mm 4 to 5 lug adapters. I figure the fronts will work perfect but wondering about that extra +5 in the rear and any clearance issues. Im on broadway static 16/18k. Pretty flexible on tire size as well...any recommendations sir?

Thank you!
        Current Rides:
        91 318is S50swap
        94.5 F250 7.3 Dana 60 Swap/SD spring swap
        99 VFR800 Street Fighter
        2002 DRZ400e...Titled
        2007 DR650 Supermoto (WIP)
        1981 XS650 Choppaaaa (WIP)

Comment

16x8 et20 lowered on H&R race/e90hats.

16/45/??? Don't want to roll the fenders.:-D

edit, down for a mild roll. I really want to run 225s
          Last edited by MrBurgundy; 04-27-2017, 02:38 PM.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Looking at some 16x8 +25 bbs wheels. HR/bilstine suspension setup. Would they work and what's the largest tire I could fit. May also in the future do UCC brake setup. Thanks ahead time.

Comment

I've got 17x8.5" et40 5 lug kit with e36 hubs front (+12), z4 (+2.5) hubs rear. GC coilovers w/camber plates. What size tire and spacer can I run?

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Mystikal, thanks ahead for the help!

Just bought 15x8 +20

What kind of tire size can I run?

Lowered with Vogtland springs and E90 top hats in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  Taken from a thread I started.

Can I run 205/60/15's on a set of 15x7's with an offset of 27?
                  Suspension is totally stock. Car is 88 325is. I'm a little concerned with the tires clearing the front strut housings.

I'm looking to run them with no spacers (if possible) with no rubbing when turning, etc.
                  I used to have a set of 16x7.5 Borbet type C's that would scrape against the strut housings when cranking the steering wheel to the ends.
                  Those Borbets weren't scraping on the strut housing when cranked to the ends as the sidewall-to-strut tube doesn't change when turning as they both turn together. What was scraping was the inner rim on the end of the swaybar at full lock. BTDT.

If those 15x7 wheels are truly ET27 they will not rub the strut housings since the tube angles further and further away from the sidewall the higher up you go, but that tire is taller than stock and might be tall enough to rub the underside of the front spring perch so you might want to check into that further.

Here's a pic of the strut clearance of my Kosei K1 15x7 ET27 with 225/50-15 Kumho V700 R-compound tires. Note where the spring perch starts angling away from the strut tube above the tread - this is the dimension i'd be concerned about with a taller 205/60 tire.
                  Attached Files
                  Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                  1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                  1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                  1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                  2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                  2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                  Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                  Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

E30 vert with E30 M3 5 lug swap

I have an E30 vert with E30 M3 5 lug swap.
                    Sitting on H&R sport OE springs.
                    I have camber plates in front set at -3 deg rear is also -3 deg from H&R springs.

I have a set of Style 5s 16x8 et23. Can I run 225 x 50 x16 Bridgestone potoenza re-71r for autox?

Comment

Originally posted by kicker View Post
                      OK, I need to ask the oracle.

'85 318i, currently with stock springs and 195/60R14 on bottle caps. Top of tire to fender gap is pretty large at 90mm front and 70mm back. Looking to go with H&R race, Bilstein sports and trying to pick new wheels & tire size. Prefer not to roll fenders, but I'm not completely opposed.

The tires I want come in 205/50R16 or 195/55R15 for close to stock rolling radius.

Looking at:
                      Klutch SL1 16x8 ET15
                      Enkei 92 15x7 ET38 or 15x8 ET25
                      Enkei RPF1 16x7 ET35

Any problems with the Klutch on 205/50R16 or is one of the Enkei wheels a better option? With E90 hats or stock?
                      The 16x8 +15 will rub with a 205/50, 205/45 is required.
                      15x7 +38 needs 15mm spacers all around
                      15x8 +25 needs 3mm front spacers
                      16x7 +35 needs 15mm spacers all around

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
                        Thankyou bud! You have made me look like a genius when it comes to fitting new wheels on my vehicles the past decade! If I become a millionaire I'm sending you on a vacation!
                        I'll hold you to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                          Taken from a thread I started.

Can I run 205/60/15's on a set of 15x7's with an offset of 27?
                          Suspension is totally stock. Car is 88 325is. I'm a little concerned with the tires clearing the front strut housings.

I'm looking to run them with no spacers (if possible) with no rubbing when turning, etc.
                          I used to have a set of 16x7.5 Borbet type C's that would scrape against the strut housings when cranking the steering wheel to the ends.

thanks in advance.
                          They will clear the suspension fine. At full steering lock, it's likely they will scrub the inner chassis a bit. Nothing dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by INDYSUPRA View Post
                            Has anyone ever ran a 15 x 10? I want to put a 245 – 40–15 on my road race car, I see a lot of mention of it but not sure if anyone has done it. I'm looking at the 949 racing wheels and then running hub centric spacers.
                            No one does because they're too wide to functionally work. Even with pulled fenders, 9" is the widest wheel that can be made to work with track rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by Helical View Post
                              Would a 16x7.5 et35 and 16x8.5 et25 size wheel fit and if so, what size tire? Thank you
                              15mm front spacers needed. 205/50 front and 225/45 rear would look great.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0craztinazn View Post
                                To follow up: Ruff Racing R358s need at least 7mm of spacers to clear the front caliper brackets. I wasn't willing to deal with that because I didn't want a crazy amount of poke, so I sold the wheels. 15x8.5 +17 fitment does not work with this particular wheel.
                                Great info. Caliper clearance is something no wheel spec can help you decipher, it's all learned in practice. I just put a set of 17s on my car that required me to both grind down the calipers and run a 5mm spacer. Pissed me off as the fitment was perfect otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X