Reckless? Maybe. But criminal? Hardly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today we salute you Emin Faki, for we don't believe it was reckless, well not criminal at least.

FIRST. Hit play. Then read:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police have charged a 20-year-old man with reckless endangerment for allegedly driving his car down the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps made famous by the movie "Rocky."

Police say 20-year-old Emin Faki (AY'-min FAH'-kee) told them the brakes on the car failed and he couldn't stop it. Police had the BMW checked out and filed the criminal charge.

The Oct. 24 stunt was recorded by onlookers who posted videos online.

KYW-TV (http://cbsloc.al/177wIUK ) reports that Faki surrendered Thursday. Online court records show he was arraigned early Friday and applied for a public defender, though one hasn't been assigned.

A judge ordered Faki to appear for a preliminary hearing Dec. 18 — and to stay away from the museum in the meantime.

I just wanna say one thing, yo Faki, you did it! / CREDITS ROLL
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

our e30 prayers are with you Emin!!!

Comment

You may have lost your edge Faki, that eye of the tiger, but you can get it back.

Comment

Nice vert :/

Comment

This.

Comment

I hardly find this reckless... Or criminal.

No damage, no worries. Seriously, who the fuck cares if a man drove up the steps of a museum, doing zero damage to it in the process?

People that don't know how to have a laugh. That's who. Too many of those in our world today.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Should have lowered his e30.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                Seriously, who the fuck cares if a man drove up the steps of a museum, doing zero damage to it in the process?
                I think they want to discourage anyone who saw the video thinking that they want to do it too - and they probably WILL do damage in the process.

I agree though, he doesn't deserve the charge (if he's not lying). But they definitely don't want anyone else doing it, and I don't blame them.

Comment

Who squealed? I doubt them videos were good enough to get the plate and his face at night
                  Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                  Bimmerbuddies LLC
                  717-388-1256
                  2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                  bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

My brakes failed, that's why as soon as I got to the bottom I floored it and sped off as fast as I could.
                    Byron
                    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      (if he's not lying)
                      Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                        Who squealed? I doubt them videos were good enough to get the plate and his face at night
                        There's one that's closer, I'm sure that his plate was easily spotted in it.

If he covered it, that would have been much smarter. But with people recording it, well, he didn't have great odds of getting away with it.

I think they want to discourage anyone who saw the video thinking that they want to do it too - and they probably WILL do damage in the process.
                        Yep, that's pretty much it.

I agree though, he doesn't deserve the charge (if he's not lying).
                        He tried to use that as an excuse, dude, he was lying.

Comment

Some journalist saw this from the freeway on his way home. since he lived near there, he drove over to film it and i think he called the cops. also, the idiot did over $2,000 of damage to the steps. so yeah, its criminal.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                              Are you serious?
                              Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                              He tried to use that as an excuse, dude, he was lying.
                              Never said I believed him. I assumed he probably did it on a bet.

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                              also, the idiot did over $2,000 of damage to the steps. so yeah, its criminal.
                              Didn't know that. He deserves whatever he gets.

Comment

Working...
                              X