Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87' m50: need some wiring advices

Hi,

I need some wiring advices for my m50b25 swap in an early euro 318i (M10)

Battery pic:
    - A: from M50 harness (black)
    - B: from M50 harness (red)
    - C: M50 harness ground (strut)
    - D: M10 ground ?

Other pic:
    - A: from original m10 fusebox
    - B: from M50 harness

Do you guys know where each cable connects to ?

Thanks in advance for help!
    Attached Files

I can't see what is going on in the battery pic. The wires in the other pic look like they're the ones for the starter, no? I can check on my M50b25 tomorrow.
    -Nick
    sigpic
    1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Here is a better picture of which cables of my M50 harness still need to be connected (underlined in red).
      Attached Files

Comment

If you use the E30 fuse box cable (I did), you don't need the cable from the M50 harness. The rest are just power (12V) and ground (earth/strut tower).

Comment

I've plugged the e30 fusebox + battery + battery red to the +, the ground to the strut and the red wire from the strut to the -. It seems to be wrong because every electronic component can work (wipers) even if I don't turn the key in the neiman. Where did I go wrong ? Is it because of the ground on the motor mount ? Is it supposed to be plugged on the silentbloc screw ? Sorry for newbie questions but I'm a dick when it comes to electric.
          Thanks guys for help
          Last edited by Paulow; 05-14-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Well, I managed to start up the engine! That's a new sucessful swap for a young newbie. But I've got a problem. The fuel pump (early model one) wasn't working until I put a battery on it directly. I don't know what is wrong with the wiring, if it works in this way it might be a problem of relay isn't it ? I really need your help guys.

Comment

Yep, the relay may be the issue. If the engine will run when you jump the fuel pump, that means that the DME is getting what it needs to fire the injectors and coils.

Comment

Working...
              X