Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325i M3 S50/ZF swap rare color!

Hey guys,

The time has come for me to sell this sweet car. It is a 1989 325i with an m3 s50 and ZF trans swap from a 1995 e36. It has about 177,000 miles on the working odometer, but only around 93k on the motor and trans swap. I purchased the car in May 2012 with the swap and paint already completed. I am in the military and moving to Florida at the end of this summer and already have another car and no longer need the e30 as much as I will miss it when its gone. Car is currently located in Maryland and is only a weekend driver. It is a very reliable car and still runs strong. Pulls really hard through every gear. All fluids (trans, diff, engine) were replaced at 170k.
    It is definitely a head turner and grabs people’s attention. I’m always getting comments at the gas station or thumbs of from people driving down the road. I am very meticulous about keeping my vehicles in great condition, so it has definitely been taken well care of. It is well modded inside and out as well. Has some added performance parts on top of the swap so anyone who has ridden or driven an s50 swap knows how quick this car can be.

Exterior:
    Lowered with adjustable D2 coilovers
    New wheel bearings (at about 165k)
    New polyurethane bushings front and back (around 165k)
    Nissan tank green paint
    Shaved door locks (Central locking works great)
    Viper keyless entry/security/alarm system
    6k HID headlights
    Smoked running lights/turn signal
    Yellow fog lights
    Volvo front lip
    16x8 XXR 521 black wheels with Yokohama S Drive tires with a lot of tread left
    Recently replaced one piece sunroof gasket
    20% tinted windows
    New oil pan and gasket at 170k
    Heavy duty skid plate (super life saver)
    Rear Suspension Adjustable Camber Bushings

Interior:
    Clean black with recovered seats
    Suede shift and e-brake boots
    New Rockford Fosgate speakers all around
    2 800W kenwood subs with 2000W amp
    New JVC headunit with ipod/Bluetooth/Pandora capabilities
    Temp gauge in place of OBC
    Crack free dash

And the Powertrain:
    1995 E36 S50 engine (now about 93k)
    E36 M3 ZF 5speed trans (also about 93k)
    Minor rebuild during swap at 75k including new coil packs, plugs, head gasket, vlave cover gasket, water pump, thermostat, belts and hoses
    Raceland longtube header
    Custom welded 3in stainless exhaust (AMAZING sound)
    Highflow cat, magnaflow muffler
    TRM Performance Chip (tuned for 3.0L, 17lb/hr injector, S50 intake manifold, S50 cams, Lightweight flywheel, 93 Octane fuel… increases redline to 7k, also raises the idle a little to keep it smooth, and of course adds serious power)
    PS and AC delete
    New M50 radiator
    Electric pusher fan (never overheats)
    M5 engine mounts
    E21 trans mounts
    JB Racing lightweight flywheel
    Sachs clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing
    E36 M3 shifter assembly
    E36 M3 driveshaft (new oe bmw guibo and center bearing)
    3.25 lsd

That’s all the good stuff and I’m sure there’s still a bunch of stuff missing. Onto some of the bad though. There is a little rust on the car in the occasional spots and can see it on the paint in some spots if youre looking, the trim over the driver side door is missing… flew off one day on the highway. If you aren’t looking you probably wont notice it. No AC in the summer time might bother some people. I love driving with the windows down so its nice except for those super hot humid days. Parallel parking with no PS can be tough but unless youre just a little girl it is completely doable. Having hard suspension makes for a pretty bumpy ride, and if you know about driving a low car then you know how that goes. Also it has had some minor accident, before I owned it; it had a front end collision. Cant even tell unless you look in the engine bay you can see where the paint is slightly different. Then last November someone backed into my passenger rear quarter panel but that got fixed and you wouldn’t even know it.

Other than that it is a really awesome and fun car. I know I am going to miss it but I only need one car at the time and this is the one that has to go. Looking for 11k OBO. If you are very interested let me know and I would love to talk and work something out. Not looking for trades as I just said I have another car and only need one right now.

Honestly not usually my thing to have non-original paint schemes and such, but I like this! Shouldn't have much trouble finding a new home. If priced differently, I'd be highly tempted.

BTW, were you at Vintage last year when we made the run to VIR? It seems I remember seeing this car that morning when we left.

Comment

Love it. Why aren't you on the West Coast. GLWS.

Comment

this thing is fucking cool. GLWS

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
        IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Actually totally dig this, minus the m badge.

**Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs**

Comment

I like it! What beast is in the garage?
            /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Thanks guys! thats the 71 Chevelle getting rebuilt in the other garage right now

Comment

bump! any offers??

Comment

is that rust in the engine bay, over by coolant tank?
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

yes there is a little bit of rust there.

Comment

Nice color.

Comment

Nice job! Lemme help help ya out here...

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Thanks Aleman!

Comment

Weekend Bump!

Comment

Pm me best price. Any reason it wouldn't make a road trip to Atlanta?

**Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs**

Comment

Working...
                              X