Oil pan picture request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pan picture request

I'm modifying my oil pan to give me a little more ground clearance.
    I'm just wondering how close the steering rack is on the drivers side?
    (I know I should have mocked it up with the engine and oil pan before cutting, but I didn't so there.)

Looking at the picture above you can see the angle on the right hand side of oil pan sump. I know this is for the steering rack, but since this is from an E34 is there more room in a E30?

If you have a picture of a E30 with an M50 using a E34 oil pan please post a picture showing the clearance between the oil pan and steering rack.

Thanks!!!

little update

yes you have to follow the contours at the back of the oil pan if you plan to modify it.

Front is good

Back before it goes flat must follow contours otherwise it hits the steering rack

Comment

Here's what I did:

Didn't get any fitment issues at all, plenty of clearance all around and got back to stock volume! Best of luck!

Comment

You actually inspired my pan, but in my design I manged to get 2" of ground clearance, instead of 1.5" like yours. In the end this what I had to do to make it clear:

It basically follows the back contours of the original pan. Not as pretty as yours, but I think it will still do its job.
        Last edited by Paradox; 04-26-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X