This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    Thank you. I haven't done much reading, but this forum reminded me I've been interested in something modern and decent for a long time.

Remember when these SLRs first came out at $20,000? We all said, Holy Crap!! I almost bought a used Nikon film body at a good shop here, then rumors of digital everything made me wait - smart! We've made do with Sony point n shoots and I hate them! I want to decide on the focus and actually make pictures.

Then they went down to 10k, then 5....we said, Crap, that's a lotta money! Then $2000, and we said, y'know... that isn't sooo bad, really. So now they're fairly reasonable it seems.

So - General use, family trips, outdoors things (so zoom ability), architectural / building photog, car repair progress shots, portrait / dog zoom range, some macro up-close ability. Not so interested in wide angle / fish eye stuff. Accurate color rendition, depth, focus, textures, subtle light levels. Not into gadgets or doodads or "features." If I could start at $1000 to $1500, that might work.

If you hire an architectural photographer, it's thousands of dollars, and he shows up on Tuesday as scheduled even though the sky is crap and you're stuck with it. Often the shots are something I could do.

My wife's father was an artist, and carried around a cool old medium format forever - climbing mountains in Glacier Park, landscapes, art photography.. He showed slides with those huge slides! The strap broke and it rolled down a mountain in Glacier once - camera was fine, but we had to send the light meter back to the factory to repair.

[ATTACH]110427[/ATTACH]

I used this type of 50s camera (from my Dad, who had a new Pentax...where did that go?) for many years, just for fun. But it wasn't fun, it was tedious. Had a Ziess lens though.

[ATTACH]110428[/ATTACH]

about half the shooting i do are landscapes. i need the ultra wide angle lens. i recently started doing real estate photography on the side. that lens is an absolute necessity. if you don't intend that use, perhaps forego the 10-18 and buy a 100mm true macro instead. i will get one at some point but i won't be carrying it around with me every day.

those are nice toys. i love that rolei. i have perhaps 25 vintage cameras of that are sort of displayed around the house. i bought my wife an unmetered f3.5 rolleiflex after she watched the vivian meyer documentary. i prefer to shoot 6x6 folders like the certo 6 and zeiss ikonta 534. unfortunately, to get a decent exposure on black and white, we both need to carry around one of these.

i love that meter. it has a 1 degree spot meter so i can use the zone system.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 08-30-2016, 01:39 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

[ATTACH]110619[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]110689[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]110744[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]110745[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]110746[/ATTACH]

Been burning through a lot of 35mm. This was a test roll I shot with a Yashica T AF-D I found at an estate sale for a few dollars. I had my doubts about the shutter being operational because it didn't seem to react to ISO and light changes audibly. Scanner is cheap, so it ruins the quality but it's pretty damn clear on my prints.
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

^^^^Washington Park, Anacortes?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
              ^^^^Washington Park, Anacortes?
              Yessir!
              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Comment

Just another day in Montana

sheep by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

How do you think the tip broke on his horn?

Comment

Sparing with another young ram
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Just another day in Montana

sheep by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                        damn. i know that was an extreme telephoto, but it looks like you are pretty close. those guys are pretty skittish.

also, that is a very contrasty photo. i assume this was your sigma(maybe tamron) ultra tele zoom?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yup Tamron 150-600 we did get really close and yeah we kinda surprised each other, he was not there long lol. It was right about sunset, and the sun is behind him obviously so yeah the sky is blown all to hell. Focus and meter on the eye(s) and let it go, and as fast as it happened hope for the best, one of my best big horn shots I have. I did crop it a little bit and resize to get rid of excess blown out sky and extra weeds on the right side

William Pitt-

Comment

Name these doods!

I see a dapper John Wyer(?) at #2, famous driver I should know at #3, Phil Remington in the Cobra, Phil Hill, and Bob Bondurant(?)....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cobra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	7188683

Comment

3= Innes Ireland...

and yup...thats Bob...

hes quite stiff at his current age.......maybe a bad cervical spine...arthritis..old injury...but hes alive!!!!!
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter
                                not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                                Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Working...
                                X