Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O-Ring Block Questions

Hello all. I have a few questions about O-Ring Block modifications

1) Is there a DIY somewhere that can be used as a guide for doing this job?

2) Is the block and head reusable again if the head has to come back off? Let me elaborate. If I decided to take the head off for upgrades later on down the road, is there any reason that the head would not be reusable? What about the block?

3) Where can I rent this tool from, and buy the o-ring itself?

4) Do you use a stock head gasket with this?

Thanks in advance guys
    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

All info here.
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

So, instead of blowing your gasket out.
    it's going to blow pistons + probably ur block as well

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      All info here.
      Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

So, instead of blowing your gasket out.
      it's going to blow pistons + probably ur block as well
      Thanks for the link. Ill keep that into consideration
      - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
      Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Originally posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
        Hello all. I have a few questions about O-Ring Block modifications

1) Is there a DIY somewhere that can be used as a guide for doing this job?

2) Is the block and head reusable again if the head has to come back off? Let me elaborate. If I decided to take the head off for upgrades later on down the road, is there any reason that the head would not be reusable? What about the block?

3) Where can I rent this tool from, and buy the o-ring itself?

4) Do you use a stock head gasket with this?

Thanks in advance guys
        1) yes
        2) Head is reuseable. block is reusable but it will have a grove for the copper wire.
        3) used to be able to rent from isky, now idk where you can. o ring is copper welding wire iirc 30 thousands.
        4) Yes OEM head gasket

Comment

I own the Isky tool and have done several. It's not overly difficult, just have to pay attention and take your time. If you pull the head, you will just want to replace the wire. Typically the wire is .040" and you put a .030" groove in the block for .010" protrusion.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I don't have first hand experience. But I have read that if you use the Copper wire it will have to be replaced every time the HG is changed. But the SS wire does not have to be changed every time?

Thats what I have heard. Always check the tolerances.
            20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Working...
            X