turbo E30 wheelstand video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markseven View Post
    Semantics aside, the car hooks and keeps the front end down, which in my no-nothing-about-drag-race-mind is the quickest way to get from a to b?
    correct. I have a 4 link in the car so I can change to height and distance of the instant center. The goal is to put all the weight on the rear tires without wasting energy hanging the front end way in the air. If I were to move the instant center farther forward and higher it would lift the front end higher.
    86 325es, built 2.8L non vanos m50, borg warner s366, megasquirt 2, ford 9 inch rear end with 4 link, 325 drag radials, T56 magnum trans, mantic twin disc clutch, zip ties, tape spray paint

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
      Lmao! I'm guessing next you'll say your dad can beat up my dad. But yeah, little daylight under the tires isn't a wheel stand plain and simple. It is impressive that it is carrying the wheels for 20'. And it is an awesome car that is built very well, but a wheel stander it's not.
      I'm not interested in your opinion. When a car carries the front tires under sustained power, that is called a wheelstand. It pulls the tires about 3-4 inches and I do not desire to go higher as it will just unload the tires when it comes down.
      86 325es, built 2.8L non vanos m50, borg warner s366, megasquirt 2, ford 9 inch rear end with 4 link, 325 drag radials, T56 magnum trans, mantic twin disc clutch, zip ties, tape spray paint

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
        Just looked thru your thread. Impressive, keep up the good work.
        thank you! hoping for 9's in a couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
          Ah yes, fuck the haters, haters gonna hate and so on... A cry of a generation that get their panties in a bunch when someone don't see eye to eye with them.
          Victory.
          2007 Big Twin Turbo 335i + 1989 E30 Track Car

Comment

Nice. Looks like you put some time into it too.

Comment

Freaking sweet build. Deff potential for fastest e30 1/4 pass ever
              Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Originally posted by Garage30 View Post
                Freaking sweet build. Deff potential for fastest e30 1/4 pass ever
                I'm afraid I would need a few hundred more rwhp for that. The goal for this project was a street driven E30 that could run mid/high 9's on a stick and a street radial tire with reliability. It has the reliability down, I hot lap the car and have not broken anything after about 50 passes this year. I drive it to the track. Now just need to turn up the power and get the time down.

Future plans are a C4 automatic, a bit more power, and high 8s.

Comment

That's pretty sweet stuff, and it's wheelstand enough for me. Any more wheels up time would be defeating the true goal here of fast ETs, some suspension tweaking and rough driving would probably make it a little more dramatic though slower. I love carrying the front wheel in the air past the 60' mark on my motorcycle as much as the next guy but it's just not what you want to do if you're aiming for your best time.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

Congrats on lifting the front wheels Perry..!!!! Not an easy feat in an E30.
                    9's all day long with ease once you go auto.
                    Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Thanks Otis! I'm sure it would run well into the 9's as is with an auto. Hopefully 9's on the stick are only a few lbs of boost away. Next track day is in two weeks and I am planning on running 30 lbs.

Comment

Very nice passes!
                        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Here is the latest best pass

1986 BMW 325es. 2.8L NV M50 motor, cast S366 turbo, T56 magnum 6 speed transmission, ford 9 inch solid rear axle

Comment

woah this thing is pretty sweet. 9's is fast but high 8's would be seriously cool.
                            -Dee
                            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Great job, that hooks hard!
                              Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Awesome Rig! I like the clutch adaptation to the BMW FW.

Comment

Working...
                                X