Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Blue Nose" M62b44 swap (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing build, looking forward to updates.

Comment

Link to video of it running...

BLUE NOSE

Just down to a few things now.

Have to get the guibo out to figure out why I can only get 5 of 6 bolts in.

Reinstall the DSSR I cut & rewelded

Wire the Spal Fan

Get an early model or S38 (yeah like thatll happen) overflow tank cause the late model one is butt and the pipe still sits too high coming over the VC.. thats about it.

Had to switch the CSB from the driveshaft cause it was too wide in my tunnel & wouldn't bolt in. Re-glued the weatherstripping around the door since it sagged horribly, but I still think its a great product aside from the adhesive. Ended up ditching the e34 tank cause it made it a PIA to get to the clutch res to fill and bleed. Mocked up some galvanized pipes to just get the coolant system full so I could make sure my sensors are working. Not too happy about it but it'll do. Exhaust is done but the cut outs would have been hanging way too low to make sense using them. Got V bands throughout the whole system so I was debating making sidepipes instead that wont really be visible. Juggling 3 projects is a PIA, been pricing a lot of stuff out more for the benz lately to get it cruising. Frozen piston calipers suck. Planning to re-spray the car and strip it down to metal just need to find a garage to work out of so it doesn't turn to a rusty heap.

Now Picturezzzzz

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 03-18-2017, 10:19 AM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Absolutely amazing project sir! Both your cars are awesome. Well done.
        Could you tell me more about your e36? :))

Comment

It is looking good. What happened to the ACS wheels?
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Well reverted back to the E34 set up after talking to Tyler (not sure his handle if hes on here) about the late model set up. Just need to notch the hood a little to clear the radiator cap and get the two small vent hoses for the bottle since I lost em. DSSR went in no problem, got the driveshaft bolts all in no problem after dropping the whole thing and smoothing out the holes. Gotta love V bands lol.

Looking forward to "finishing" up the e30 to get started on this boat.

Originally posted by allmotorguy View Post
            Absolutely amazing project sir! Both your cars are awesome. Well done.
            Could you tell me more about your e36? )
            Thanks! The e36 is just a regular ol 325 nothing special really, black on black 5 spd that I got for $750 and been daily driving it for about a year now with no issues.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            It is looking good. What happened to the ACS wheels?

The ACS are sitting in my storage along with some M Pars for the e36. I didn't want them getting dirty, dry rotted, pitted from sitting on the car for so long. So I bought some used tires for $60 all around and tossed the Futuras on. Since my original plan was to buy new lips for them and go wider I figured I'd use them as beater wheels.
            Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 03-24-2017, 09:53 AM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Just read through this whole damn thing. RIP my productive morning lol. This is such a sick build. Looking forward to seeing some real footage of it soon.

Also...AMG?? So rad. Please start a thread on that too
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Link to the second drive; first one ripped off the midsection of my exhaust.. my driveway entrance has a huge 2" hole that divides it in half, the band caught it. I also ripped off my lip so I have to fix that due to the same issue. I unfortunately had to get 3 new V band clamps cause of it as well. This is pulling out with open headers, my friend just cut the video short.

Currently working on getting a stock shifter instead of the AKG, just not my taste. So if anyone wants to buy it off me; feel free to PM. Its practically new, maybe drove it 2 miles with it... has some scratches on the base.

Also ended up selling the 500sec, took all the euro/amg goodies. I was originally planning to buy a black on black one but something else came up that i couldnt pass on...

This needs a new transmission which I'm in the process of picking up but did an even trade on the e36 for it... going to put the M pars on it once I get it home. Super excited to own an E31 in the color combo too.. very very happy.

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 04-26-2017, 08:55 AM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Nice! Can't wait for e31 fun :)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                    Nice! Can't wait for e31 fun :)

Likewise! I'm very excited to get it going, even happier its not a v12 since I have a ton of m60 parts/two extra cylinder heads, oil pans etc stashed away. Makes life a lotttt easier, it's also sitting on H&R's with billys so stance is almost perfect, maybe 1/2" lower in the front if anything.

E30 I'm ditching the AKG shifter, just isn't for me. I have a buddy hooking me up with a z3 so I'm just waiting on that for now. In the meantime it gives me a chance to start fiddling around with the E31. Already swapped out the 19x9/19x10 Breytons for OEM 18x8.5/18x9.5 M Pars that I've had set aside for the e36. Glad I didn't sell these haha. The all chrome is a bit much but eventually I would like to powder the centers to match the body. Only other wheels I can see on this car would be Alpinas but thats a pipe dream.

This is probably a long shot but never know... If anyone happens to know anyone with tail lights, front signal lens, and sunroof inner cassette please get in contact with me. I'm not sure if I lost the drivers side lens when it was transported or not but noticed it when I was washing it. Kinda sucked.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Congrats on the e31 man! I love that car, I hope to own one some day.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

M parallels look a lot better in my opinion. I have always liked E31's. Do you plan to make another thread on that build. Also any plans for power adders on the E31. It is going to feel really slow compared to driving the E30 with the same power train. But it will still look good.
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

The guy selling those door seals sent me free replacements. Mine had the same failure.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                            Congrats on the e31 man! I love that car, I hope to own one some day.
                            Thank you sir! You will just gotta keep your eyes peeled. I found one last night for $3,500 but its an 850 so v12 life haha.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                            M parallels look a lot better in my opinion. I have always liked E31's. Do you plan to make another thread on that build. Also any plans for power adders on the E31. It is going to feel really slow compared to driving the E30 with the same power train. But it will still look good.
                            Look way better and kept it period correct; very glad I didn't sell them. I'll probably end up making a new thread pretty soon when I shift focus. I'm looking into s62's currently. My buddy has been talking about how I should S85 it but thats way too much money/fab work.

I would think an S62 would be an easier drop in and considerable power. Isn't going to be racecar just be a nice cruiser really. The thought about the power to weight compared to the E30 is the only reason I thought about s62. Even with a chip on the M60 I feel like it'll still have too much weight to pull. I miss the e36 but happy the deal went through, got tired of driving LA traffic with a stick. The first-second-neutral game screws with my knee after a while.

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                            The guy selling those door seals sent me free replacements. Mine had the same failure.

I wasn't aware of that, wish I had known. I just glued them and haven't had an issue since. How long before yours started doing the sag?

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                              Thank you sir! You will just gotta keep your eyes peeled. I found one last night for $3,500 but its an 850 so v12 life haha.

Look way better and kept it period correct; very glad I didn't sell them. I'll probably end up making a new thread pretty soon when I shift focus. I'm looking into s62's currently. My buddy has been talking about how I should S85 it but thats way too much money/fab work.

I would think an S62 would be an easier drop in and considerable power. Isn't going to be racecar just be a nice cruiser really. The thought about the power to weight compared to the E30 is the only reason I thought about s62. Even with a chip on the M60 I feel like it'll still have too much weight to pull. I miss the e36 but happy the deal went through, got tired of driving LA traffic with a stick. The first-second-neutral game screws with my knee after a while.

I wasn't aware of that, wish I had known. I just glued them and haven't had an issue since. How long before yours started doing the sag?

Less than a month. I think it was because the rubber was sticking to the door, you could hear it peel off. Smearing something like glycerin on prevented that

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                                Less than a month. I think it was because the rubber was sticking to the door, you could hear it peel off. Smearing something like glycerin on prevented that

Well wish I had known that haha I figured it was cause my car lives in the sun. It's taken its toll on my low beams and one of my fog deletes so figured it was just a casualty of not having covered/garaged parking.

Is glycerin supposed to keep it supple or something?

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Working...
                                X