Side exit exhaust clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side exit exhaust clearance?

Hi guys, planning on doing a side exit exhaust for my turbo build. Its going to be 3" all the way back. Im lowered a tad and tend to scrape leaving my driveway, will I be able to run it closer to the wheels to avoid the scrape? Id like to avoid hacking into the body work
    87' 325is Wife
    09' cbr600rr Mistress

I have 2.5" side exhaust. I use a SpinTech 2.5" oval pipe for exit, as it give a lot of extra clearance under the frame rail. Works well, sounds great.
    sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

You can squeeze down a pipe quite a bit before it begins to restrict its flow. Oval out the pipe a bit where it runs under the side. If you planned to put a tip on it the old rectangle camaro tips work great for low profile side exit exhaust. The inlet starts out as 2.5" but that can be cut off. They flare out quite large.

Comment

I have a 2.5 inch pipe going from my down pipe back and out right in front of the passenger side tire. its pretty low but is as close as i can get it to the body. I still love it, but it does occasionally scrape.

20151217_132651

20151228_111411

I added an autozone bolt on angled extension on the end so it actually angles more towards the tire and directs exhaust down

Comment

Working...
        X