No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I also own a 100, I'll echo the color comment. I'm obsessed with grey. Plus I like grey interiors over tan interiors by a long shot. I'd like that truck over my green LX, but I do have about half the miles, not that it really matters on hundy's. 2003 is the first year of the 5 speed auto, better MPGs than the 4 speed auto I have in mine. There are a lot of trucks less than 10k, but they usually are more clapped out. That price isn't unfair to me.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I have been throughly enjoying my 2007 Tacoma 4x4 4.0 6 speed. It reminds me of my old Toyota Hilux. Took it out to mountains on Saturday. Took it to some trails in Dawson forest, Tray mountain, and did a quick mountain run at Blood Mountain. Surprisingly, It handled well in the mountains. It was fun with the 6 speed.
      I also installed some Cooper Discoverer At3 tires a couple months ago and they have been doing really well. Overall, I'm really loving this truck.

Last edited by e30saam; 02-27-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Just picked up a 3rd gen 4Runner a couple weeks ago! It's a '98 limited with the e-locker

First thing first I got a new (non leaky) muffler in, replaced the rad with a koyo unit (strawberry milkshake risks on the orig radiator were freaking me out), and replaced the lower ball joints. Apart from that it's actually in amazing shape, especially for eastern Canada - pretty much zero rust apart from the gas tank's skid plate (think it was an Alberta car originally)

Pretty pumped to have a better camping/trekking car over the E30! Can't really go wrong for 2500

Last edited by Sea Aych; 03-01-2017, 08:14 PM.
        1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
        1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
        1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
        My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Nice! There are definitely times I wish I had a 4runner...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I've been searching for a 4th gen 4runner for a few months now. Specifically, a 2006-2009 limited. Boy are they kind of hard to come by, and they are still drawing premium prices.
            1989 325i S50 swapped
            2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              Nice! There are definitely times I wish I had a 4runner...
              Do you mean all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                srsly.

Side gig thing is growing. Shameless promotion following. If you want something in this realm... in your email say your friendly neighborhood Devo sent ya. Pretty trucks. Grey is still for sale got 5 people checking it out within a week though.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                  Lol

Did just order some armor for the taco. Should be fun.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

UMMMMMM. I did a thing..............

Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

mr. big shot over here

Comment

Im jelly, I want better lighting for samurai but don't want ricer jeep lights.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

LOL I got a little more than just new lights...... new wifey rig Will get some poser/mall crawler shots when I get home in a few weeks....
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-03-2017, 07:23 PM.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Nice! My Wife wants one, but I told her the 3rd gen has to die first so it will probably be a while.

Had a 15' rental during our OBX vacation 2 years ago, absolutely loved it.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Jealous. I was contemplating trading in the 06 for something nice and new, but an upcoming move to a salted road wasteland has me thinking otherwise.

Comment

This thread is heating up. We need more photos of the 4runner mr.sleeve.
                                Last edited by ST1G; 03-04-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X