In car videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In car videos

Hey guys... Figured I'd throw these videos up here as a lot of you track guys and racers will find this entertaining. In a way, it is E30-related since it does have the motor and brakes from one :D And funny enough, I manage to make some E30 M3s look really... umm... 'needing improvement' is probably the politest way to put it ;) I just wish I had the HP to make the track position stick!

Friday race:

Saturday Morning:

Saturday Afternoon:

Sunday Morning:

Sunday Afternoon:

Any questions about the car, feel free to ask. Enjoy!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Aww man, we could have been at the same event! We haven't been to Mosport in a couple years but that event is always a potential option. I'll watch tomorrow!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Love the '02. How different is it to drive than the E30?

I was supposed to be at that event. But, yet again, I was sidelined by my engine builder. After 18 months of waiting, he delivered an engine with no compression in two cylinders. Lost another season of racing :(
      sigpic
      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
        I was supposed to be at that event. But, yet again, I was sidelined by my engine builder. After 18 months of waiting, he delivered an engine with no compression in two cylinders. Lost another season of racing :(

And thats when i'd be finding a different builder.

Awesome car OP, i love 2002 race cars...

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Who does your engines? PM if you want; I may have another option for you (and it isn't me).
          Last edited by ELVA164; 07-20-2016, 10:11 AM.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Haha OP, welcome to the world of low power and high grip. :D

You're running radials I assume? 7" or 8"?

What are the details on the engine?

The car looks to stick pretty well for a new build, should be a lot of fun in the future!

Comment

Thanks Emre! Yeah man, it's been awhile since I've seen ya around at Mosport! Hopefully you can make it soon... and beat the other local 190e that runs in G70 :p I do agree with the other guys though, is that engine builder the right guy for the job?

It actually feels a lot like an E30. The steering is much worse though with the steering box design... nothing beats how much more precise the rack is in a 3 series. And bad scrub radius on this car too... Feels like an E30 with 2 inch spacers LOL! The wheel really fights back sometimes, that's why I prefer the big steering wheel to counter it. Similar upright seating position... I think the rear end breaks loose a bit more abruptly, but that's just a guess. Umm... Floor mounted pedals are much cooler feeling! But yeah, in general, it feels very much like a mini E30 with not as great of a front end.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              And thats when i'd be finding a different builder.

Awesome car OP, i love 2002 race cars...
              Thanks man! :)

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              Aww man, we could have been at the same event! We haven't been to Mosport in a couple years but that event is always a potential option. I'll watch tomorrow!
              Yeah man! It's a huge event... Only decent vintage event this track sees each year! Hopefully you can come one of these years, glad to show you around! Calabogie is another good local track if you can ever make it for an event there. Real drivers tracks!

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              Haha OP, welcome to the world of low power and high grip. :D

You're running radials I assume? 7" or 8"?

What are the details on the engine?

The car looks to stick pretty well for a new build, should be a lot of fun in the future!
              Haha, had to drive the balls off it to hang on!

Yes, radials (NT01s 225s) on 8s. I've only driven bias ply tires once on one of my Dads car... man what a weird feeling! So much more slip angle to be held... something to get used to, thats for sure! I have the video of that run too online, but it's unlisted.

Engine is just a stock M42. Not even a chip. But gearing helps it along, it is about as short as it can be. I might drive it once or twice more... but I actually just posted it for sale. Got a newer race car on the go... one with HP! :)

Comment

My engine builder actually had a pretty good reputation in the BMW CCA Club Race crowd. I'm keeping his name private for now, because I'm trying to give him a chance to "make things right" (whatever that means at this point!)
                sigpic

Comment

I came across your FS ad. I'd actually be interested in the car. I didn't think they'd let you run in a vintage class with an M42 swap.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah man :) You can do lots in G70! But actual vintage, like in the US... probably not. Here is the original ad on our local forum (not a reformatted ad due to that panjo crap):

Comment

If it helps, that car would not be vintage legal in the U.S.

Comment

Brought the car back out once more before the nasty weather set in locally... it was a fun day! Here is a small clip of one of the sessions!

Comment

you realize that car woulda sold...to me maybe..if u included that st wheel..

..lol

(Joel)
                          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Lol Joel... Hey if its just the steering wheel away from sealing the deal... We could talk! ;) haha.

Comment

Working...
                            X