Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why your sig pic so big tho?

Originally posted by F34R View Post
    Very nice find! Good to see it saved and not rot away in the elements.

Time to pull that m42 out and put something in that can move that body ;)
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

I found an alpine 318is in the same fashion. In a yard, under a tree. The intake was full of acorns.

Comment

I found one in my driveway. I forgot I owned it. After no driving for 2 years. I'm going to repaint most of it (clear coat failure from last paint job) and bring it down to Vintage show in NC this May. These are fun motors to beat on.

dlm ny country
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice find, the dirt is nothing a clay bar cant fix!
          Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

[QUOTE=dlmrun2002;4745664]I found one in my driveway. I forgot I owned it.
            Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Holy crap what a find! Beautiful IS! I say keep it relatively stock and get it as close to perfect as possible. There is nothing sexier than a super nice stock IS.

Comment

Nice pick up. It's not everyday you find a parked E30 that isn't completely beat.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

That's a great buy. I'd keep it completely stock, even going so far as to put a stock stereo back in it. There are bluetooth tape deck adapters you can buy.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
                    Nice find, the dirt is nothing a clay bar cant fix!
                    The dirt came off with just the washing, but I did clay bar the horizontal areas. Believe it or not, hardly anything came off of the paint using the bar. I still haven't had a chance to do a full polishing, but going over a few areas of the hood with my Porter Cable 7424 and Mequiars 105, followed by P21S Paintwork Cleanser left extremely shiny single stage paint. The car should look excellent once I get time to polish the entire car.

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                    Holy crap what a find! Beautiful IS! I say keep it relatively stock and get it as close to perfect as possible. There is nothing sexier than a super nice stock IS.
                    Thank you...that is my goal with this car. No plans for any modifications...just bringing it back to a nice stock condition.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    Nice pick up. It's not everyday you find a parked E30 that isn't completely beat.
                    Where I live, even back when E30's were easier to find, you still hardly saw any for sale. To find one now in this condition is almost a miracle.

Sorry for the lack of updates and pictures, as I really haven't had time to do much with the car. I have worked on the instrument cluster, but I think the spare SI board I have has some issues. I will be sourcing a good replacement soon.

I also installed replacement control arms and bushings, along with two rebuilt front calipers, pads and rotors all around. The brakes were gone on the car to the point of not being safe to drive. I found the front right caliper was siezed. I did a full brake fluid flush and I now have a wonderfully firm brake pedal. My clutch pedal engagement also drastically improved after the flush. I was thinking I needed to replace the clutch due to the release point being so high, but all it needed was a good fluid flush.

New tires were also installed. I wound up going with Nankang 195/60 14 tires. I can hear you now...Nankang?!? I have used them now on a couple of other BMW's and I have been very impressed with their capabilities. They are quiet and since I don't drive my cars that hard anymore, they are fine for my needs.

I just placed an order for all new vacuum and some cooling hoses, as well as thermostat, water pump, engine gaskets, etc. It has a number of leaks that will all be addressed next. I also ordered an iS front lip spoiler, and when it's painted I will repaint the side mirrors and the rear trunk spoiler. Painting the rear bumper trim will also be on the list.

Now that I have had a chance to carefully look it over, it will need a few more dings removed. I may wind up stripping the car and doing a full respray at some point, but it isn't absolutely necessary...I just want perfection, and I want it to be a great representation of a stock 318is.

Once I finally get some time to get these things done and give it a proper cleaning, I will post updated pictures. Don't worry...there's more to come.
                    Eric Giles
                    '20 M2 CS
                    '04 M3
                    '11 X5 35D
                    '87 325is
                    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

awesome find.
                      Originally posted by dvck
                      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Nice save !! I say keep it stock.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Love that you're keeping it stock! I am trying to do that with mine as well. I'm also awaiting a fresh "is" spoiler and front lip from the painters. We've got a lot of the same stuff in progress. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                            Love that you're keeping it stock! I am trying to do that with mine as well. I'm also awaiting a fresh "is" spoiler and front lip from the painters. We've got a lot of the same stuff in progress. ;)
                            When I found this car, I was like now me and mike.bmw will be twinks! I admire what you're doing with your car, and use yours as one to measure by.
                            Eric Giles
                            '20 M2 CS
                            '04 M3
                            '11 X5 35D
                            '87 325is
                            '91 325i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                              When I found this car, I was like now me and mike.bmw will be twinks! I admire what you're doing with your car, and use yours as one to measure by.
                              Very kind of you to say, thanks. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Comment

I was able to do a little cleaning today, and install my new Roundel badges. I washed the door jambs and removed the hood and trunk seals to give all the crevices a good cleaning. Sitting under pine trees for years caused a lot of dirt to accumulate in those areas.

I then did a three step paint correction, using my Porter Cable 7424 with a Sonus yellow foam cutting pad and Meguiars M105. I was only able to do the roof and trunk before my Velcro backing plate let go. I had to do the rest of the car by hand with M105, which isn't ideal. I followed with P21S paintwork polish, and topped it with P21S wax. I've used many different polishes and waxes over the years, but I still come back to P21S in the end. It's very hard to beat the results it gives. Here's a few pics...

And one of my non-personalized, but actually kinda personalized, license plate...

Under the hood maintenance is coming soon...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                                Eric Giles
                                '20 M2 CS
                                '04 M3
                                '11 X5 35D
                                '87 325is
                                '91 325i Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X