Clear All

Under 1/4 I fill it up to full. Why create more trips

Comment

Right before the at.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post

how would more gas put more shit in your filter? i've never heard about this.
        In my 86 325es I had when I was 16 I let the tank get to almost fumes. Sunday gas station was closed not happy. But I did not know much about cars at the time. I never removed the pump to check the straining filter at the base of the pump. Little did I know it had a hole about 2" in it. Sucked up tons of shit and clogged up my fuel delivery line/injectors. The PO did not install a fuel filter for some reason. Had a by pass line and it was just hanging there.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

1) Drive until empty, Fill-up, Repeat until November

2) Fill tank with bottle of stabilizer. Hide in garage with car until April. Then, drive until empty. Replace Fuel Filter and Fill-up... Back to step 1

Comment

I fill the tank every paycheck every 2 weeks. I usually have between empty and 1/4 tank after two weeks of driving.

Comment

Sometimes I go til my computer is ---- and my light is on. Even then; I've gotten 50 miles off of going on "----" on my range computer. I normally fill up before the light turns on though

There's plenty of gas in there for you to not fry your filter even at 1/4 or E
              Filling up before that is just unnecessary and silly

Comment

Fuel pump needs fuel to cool down...on old cars like E30, I fill her up when the gauge reaches 1/4. My OEM pump used to make whining noise when fuel reaches 1/4. Replacement Tre pump can be run down to near empty w/o any noise, but I still fill the tank up when it reaches 1/4.

Comment

stole this from a guy on a local forum, we had the same question arise.

"every time i have money in my pocket the tank goes to full and i disappear for a few hours"
                  BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                    Sometimes I go til my computer is ---- and my light is on. Even then; I've gotten 50 miles off of going on "----" on my range computer. I normally fill up before the light turns on though

There's plenty of gas in there for you to not fry your filter even at 1/4 or E
                    Filling up before that is just unnecessary and silly
                    except for the fact that your gas tank is then a huge mixture of fuel/air and essentially a bomb. thats one of the reasons why if i have money i keep it above 1/2 a tank.

Comment

I normally fill up whenever I hit 1/2. Unless I'm out of town, then I run it till 1/4 tank
                      sigpic

Comment

I never fill it all the way up. Usually try to hit a even amount of money and never do. Lately I aim for about $20 to $25. I maintain a 1/2 tank most the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                          except for the fact that your gas tank is then a huge mixture of fuel/air and essentially a bomb. thats one of the reasons why if i have money i keep it above 1/2 a tank.
                          Dude...
                          You really can't tell me the reason you keep your tank full is that you don't wanna splode. First; if this was remotely a possibility, I would expect more cars to be burning on the side of the road. Secondly; I know our cars are old, but car manufacturers have been well at work at designing gas tanks that are fireproof in any situation. Thirdly; they had a Mythbusters on it: they dropped a lit flame into a gas tank and essentially, the flame hit the gas so fast, it was choked out by the liquid before it could ignite the fumes.

Unless your driving a Pinto, I don't think you're bound to burst into flames anytime soon

Unless youre Zoolander; then you're screwed

Comment

Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

Comment

But of course
                              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking
                              Last edited by JinormusJ; 08-28-2012, 07:21 PM. Reason: I AM ZE GRAMMAR NAZI!!

Comment

I keep it in my cars gas tank, in the garage in a portable gas tank, and I buy it from the gas station.

To answer the OP, I use till about 20mi after the red light comes on informing me I am low. Less trips to the gas station (if it's not out of the way) means better MPG (generally).

Comment

Working...
                                X