the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canakami
    I can't seem to find it, but did you get the long tubes on?
    not yet, no. I am waiting until after Ive moved back to Cali and have BAR'd my car. Because its a 318 with a M20 in it I have some BS to deal with. Once thats done those suckers are going on
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

took some work, ruined some old parts.... BUT its lower! and looks damn good

Before

After

all in all, discovered the ball joints and tie-rod ends were pretty worn so those are on the list to be replaced. The strut bushings were also worn so those will be done at the same time. I didnt have to lower the rear at all since the front didnt go much lower. Either way, Im happy with the results

also, now that the Seahawks are off for a few months, I will be able to spend my sundays are free. Hoping to get the rear valence on VERY soon :) I cant freakin wait!!
      Last edited by 2mAn; 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

dude our cars are looking more and more similar everyday haha
        I love the stance - now get your ass down to cali ;-)
        Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Thanks Andy, cant wait to get out there again. We have to go on a longer drive. Highway 33!!!

Car should be getting some goodies soon. I'm selling a bunch of my old VW parts, so this car is benefitting from that. Lemforder control arms, tie-rods, sway bar end links, and euro trim for the front. And Im finally getting a slider for the pass seat

My DDM HID kit should be here soon too
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

just ordered a headgasket kit and headstuds :( had been noticing some foamy/ frothy stuff on my dipstick and recently it has gotten a LOT worse. trying to stay ahead of it and do a headgasket job this weekend.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              just ordered a headgasket kit and headstuds :( had been noticing some foamy/ frothy stuff on my dipstick and recently it has gotten a LOT worse. trying to stay ahead of it and do a headgasket job this weekend.
              What??!!? Dude that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Red46 View Post
                What??!!? Dude that sucks!
                yea I was in denial for a while, but it has gotten worse. the only thing i can think happened was that the headgasket was crap.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

yea I was in denial for a while, but it has gotten worse. the only thing i can think happened was that the headgasket was crap.
                  At this point that's the only thing it really could be.
                  Head was pressure tested. Block was magnafluxed AND pressure tested.
                  The head was machined flat and the block was checked for flat.
                  The head gasket I used was Victor Reinz, since then I've read bad stuff about them even though Pelican Parts rates them highly. Hopefully you have a Goetze or BMW/OEM one coming.
                  That really sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Red46 View Post
                    At this point that's the only thing it really could be.
                    Head was pressure tested. Block was magnafluxed AND pressure tested.
                    The head was machined flat and the block was checked for flat.
                    The head gasket I used was Victor Reinz, since then I've read bad stuff about them even though Pelican Parts rates them highly. Hopefully you have a Goetze or BMW/OEM one coming.
                    That really sucks!
                    yeahhhhhh....fcuk Victor Reinz. I used their Valve cover gasket, and im literally getting enough seepage to drip on my headers...ughh

hopefully you can get this figured out Simon
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

parts are coming from Blunt, so Id be shocked if they are Victor Reinz.Going to get the head machined again even though Im sure its legit. Dont want to go through this again.

I was tempted to build the bottom end into a 2.8 but I just want it fixed and running good again

Funny thing is that the motor still runs strong! haha I have not backed off the throttle since this has been happening
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

parts are coming from Blunt, so Id be shocked if they are Victor Reinz.Going to get the head machined again even though Im sure its legit. Dont want to go through this again.

I was tempted to build the bottom end into a 2.8 but I just want it fixed and running good again

Funny thing is that the motor still runs strong! haha I have not backed off the throttle since this has been happening
                        Blunt sent me that Victor Reinz gasket, so i would make sure you tell him you dont want one of those.
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Goetze ftw

Comment

Man that really sucks, I wish you were closer so I could give you a hand.
                            Going for the head studs though......turbo?

Comment

no turbo, staying NA. also the gasket set from Blunt arrived yesterday and they were Victor Reinz. :(

On the other side of things, I did install the Lemforder control arms, tie-rods and swaybar links and the steering feels great.

Lets see how long this motor will last, Im hoping to have the head ripped off before the gasket gives up the ghost
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Hey Simon trick tip when doing the HG: Mine started leaking on the exhaust side front corner. Which come to find is really common if you don't use some sort of sealer on it. Permatex copper spray is good or a dab of RTV on that corner should do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X