Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normandy 5-7 June

Fellow Gearheads in Germany,

A few of us will be going to the 65th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, France. This will be a once in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend and honor our great WW II heroes. We will leave Friday June 5th and return Sunday June 7 or Monday June 8.

You will need tourist passports (mil IDs are no longer sufficient), GPS, euros, cellphones. Per Google maps, time to travel will be about 6.5 hours from Kaiserslautern:

A few of us have already made hotel reservations. Go to any hotel booking service (hotels.com, venere.com, booking.com) to make your hotel reservations. Rooms fill up quickly! Most people will be staying in Caen, France as it is central to most WWII D-Day attractions. For military, be prepared to bring your service dress uniforms if we are able to score tickets for the anniversary ceremony (I am NOT guaranteeing or promising any tickets to you).

I am not organizing anything, just letting you know of this wonderful opportunity to go to this event.

AF1

Dang, and I'll be home on leave for this. If leave should get canceled, I'm down.
    alexw
    (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
    Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

WOW. I was there in the Army for the 50th anniversary and was on the team that did the 21 gun salute for our pres. (u.S.) we stayed in a small town right by the Normandy beach-- was an incredible experience-- I am sure you'll have a great time-- it was so cool checking ou the scenery- driving around the small towns in a HMMWV.

Comment

Working...
      X