What plugs should i get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plugs should i get??

I am looking at getting new plugs on friday, and does any body have any that they would recomend. I have heard of quite a few brands, but maybe just wondering what other M42 owners use for increased performance.

Thinking of bosch supers, anyone else use them? and have good luck with them

Comment

Just get a good set of NGK coppers or Bosch Supers. Can't go wrong with either.
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I think I am going with supers, since it is a 4 cylinder It wont set me back to much

Comment

There is a Bosch 2-prong plug that is specific for the early M42. Can't remember the P/N off hand, but they're the ones to get.

here it is:
          Bosch F7LDCR

Comment

more expensive plugs dont really do much. the stock ones are very much fine. go to fcpgroton.com they have a set for a hair over 100 and theyre the Bosch ones.

Comment

i dont think ive changed my plugs in about 4 years and near 45k. Last i remember they are Bosch Copper Plus

Originally posted by vlad
              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

get the OEM Bosch two prong plugs. there is a reason why they are the recomended plugs.

Comment

While the OE Bosch Plug is the recommended plug, as it came OE on all M42's and all early M52's as well. There is an updated plug that BMW uses in the M52 it's an NGK 3199 I've been using it in both my M42 & M52 motors for about two years now. I highly recomend them. The change interval is 100k its a four prong platinum long life plug. I probably won't be leaving mine in that long though.

Comment

Ive always used NGK, and will always use them. Reliable and cheap.

Comment

the part number for the oem bosch plug is F7LDCR. the four prong plug that fcp groton says to use is bosch 4417.

the oem plugs are $4.35 each and the four prong are $5.50 each.
                      Last edited by E30nate; 11-22-2007, 12:22 AM. Reason: more information

Comment

Working...
                      X