Q: gasket/donuts for OEM cat-back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: gasket/donuts for OEM cat-back?

As an aside, I drove my 325 convertible to pick up a couple of newlyweds at the Las Vegas airport so they could buy my Toyota Echo. Both of them liked the 'vert, and the guy said, "That's a great exhaust note - is that a Borla? The guy and his wife loved it when I told 'em it was the 20 year old stock muffler with big rust holes.

Anyway, I just received an installation kit to go along with a replacement OEM muffler/cat-back setup. The install kit came with two metal donuts of slightly different diameter that look to fit between the cat pipes and the muffler pipes. It appears that one is aluminum and one is steel - the aluminum one is half an inch thick but the steel one is about a quarter inch thick.

Is that odd couple what's needed? Or do I need two identical of one type or the other? I'm going to be calling Patrick at BMA about some other stuff on Monday, but would like to figure it out before then if possible.

Thanks!
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Looking at Real OEM, the right one is 42mm and the left one is 45mm. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeP View Post
      Looking at Real OEM, the right one is 42mm and the left one is 45mm. Hope that helps.
      Thanks - then I'm in good shape as the ID's of the two pieces received are slightly different. Not sure why the donut diameter, thickness, and material would be different for the two pipes, but the E30 is nothing if not over-engineered.
      "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Working...
      X