X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look so happy.

Comment

super eta spark plug wires with broken cam sensor wire from plug wire 6

new(er) m30 spark plug wires with a sensor from wire 6 - plug is the same. are these interchangeable? these wires did NOT come with the m30b34 motor I bought. I think they're from a m30b35

hope I'm not the only one who's ever done this. that's what the break looked like.

ok. from left to right, what are those sensors, especially the 3rd that is only a spade.

and the vaccum fittings on the green thing, which is which?

thanks.

Comment

anyone have experience making their own downpipes? what kind of steel did you use?

Comment

iirc the diff ratios are different. you keeping the eta ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by savannah996 View Post
            iirc the diff ratios are different. you keeping the eta ratio?
            I've read conflicting information on the subject.

I have an 88, so my diff should be 3.25 and the 535i the motor came from should be 3.25 as well. But if mine were to be a 2.91, I wouldn't mind because I enjoy gearing like that. Any car can scream in 2nd, but what about 4th?

Car has been "relaxing"

Picked up a 83 528e and have fixed all wiring issues (took away BAD draw) and she should start this week, after that I'll be back to the build.

Have to put the timing cover back on with new gaskets, do front crank seal, new harmonic balancer for 1.3. Swap sensors on thermostat, uhm....roll motor over on stand and remove oil pan gasket, clean that up and make sure the pick up is clean. I want to know I'll have great lubrication--don't want to hope!

This motor is so clean inside, it's beautiful. No seafoam is going in this gas tank--or anything goofy like that. The fuel injectors have filters for a reason and I don't want them to clog. But if I ever ran seafoam, I'd attach another in line fuel filter and remove it a few tanks after using seafoam.

The install should be pretty simple, welding up the exhaust will take a few hours with fitment and such - pretty annoying and not an easy workspace!

I wanted her done by today but with finals, this other car, and the lady--among other things....it just wasn't in the cards! It's been a LOT of money to this point and I've loved every minute.

Comment

shouldve gone with b35.

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

Working...
              X