Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple performance increases and engine mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple performance increases and engine mods?

So now that my manual conversion has been done and paid for ($1300 towards it), i want to know what i should do to my stock 1986 M10B18 engine. What does it need? What can i add or upgrade to make it a bit better?
    Celebrating 30 years.
    1986 E30 Coupe, assembled in Munich, West Germany, 7/7/86. M10 5 Speed cruisin' through time and space

Take it out and put in an m20 or m30. Your not gonna be able to get much power out of the m10.

Comment

You said simple but check out this thread, quick discussion about N/A m10 potential. All comes down to what you are looking for. Post 28 BTW is sex

Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

A turbo.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

High performance driving school. Makes any car faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
            A turbo.
            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Tighten the throttle cable. Free upgrade for throttle response!

Comment

Originally posted by S62 View Post
                Take it out and put in an m20 or m30. Your not gonna be able to get much power out of the m10.
                Options are much more limited here in NZ.... There are usually about 20 to 30 E30s for sale nationwide at any given time.
                Celebrating 30 years.
                1986 E30 Coupe, assembled in Munich, West Germany, 7/7/86. M10 5 Speed cruisin' through time and space

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                  A turbo.

Comment

real talk the only way i was able to make any improvements on a stock m10 was a valve adjustment .08 intake side .10 exhaust side.

for a filter setup. ive tried every setup concievable & only one showed a real improvement on top end accelleration.

straight cone filter to afm = no improvement
                    cold air style 2.5in piping down to the floor near oil pan with cone filter = no improvement
                    45* elbow 3in to 3in cobe filter = slight improvement on top end 4k-5700.
                    45* elbow to 6in velocity stack & 6in blox filter = very noticable top end performance

no bogging or restrictions at top end above 4k with the valve adjustment.

haters gon hate, but trust me it works. this is all with a stock exhaust. this setup sucked for normal driving, but if your drive like race car makes it all more fun.

dont forget the 318 is a momentum car so if you keep the rpms above 4k all day no problemo

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                      45* elbow to 6in velocity stack & 6in blox filter = very noticable top end performance
                      Could you post a picture?

Comment

Put a 6 speed in there

Comment

Originally posted by thebutterson View Post
                          Could you post a picture?
                          sorry no pics of the setup. its sitting in my friends garage somewhere. its similar to the s14 horns if that gives you an idea, but instead of individual runners its a large 3 pipe. if you could message cali_e30 he has it. & could probably get you a pic

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                            real talk the only way i was able to make any improvements on a stock m10 was a valve adjustment .08 intake side .10 exhaust side.
                            Taking my valves down to .008 let it free rev to red line rather than choke at about 4000, so that was huge. I also have a JB Racing aluminum flywheel and headers so it spins rather nicely ;-)
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                            Alice the Time Capsule
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Not trying to sound like a dick but I am. If you wanted simple mods you chose te wrong car. This car was designed to be economical and to have low rev power.

If you want to have motor perform it wont be easy m"or cheap (unless your a grease munkey) you need to change your fuel delivery. Perhaps a motorcycle carb, up the stroke with s14 crank and compatible components pistons rods rings. Maybe a bore out cylinders. Defiantly polish head. HD Springs retainers rockers 284 cam and you have a respectable 2002 motor. Less weight more power. And maybe turbo her after. Estimated fuel economy, equivalent to fresh fetus
                              The day I bought my e30, was the day I became sophisticated and classy as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X