This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
    Ever been to Dearborn Michigan lately? Yes while their population here is low, we can simply look to europe and see how it's changing very quickly. There are areas of England that Muslims have turned into Muslim only, if a white person drives in that area they are chased out. While this might sound similar to say the south side of Chicago, the big difference is that the Muslims moved there and weren't set up with cheap ass housing and no real way to get out like low income blacks were in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Then there is the whole thing about non believers, yes it's true that a majority would never do anything and do say that. But how many agree and sympathize with the extremists?
    I like this guy.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      Islam is 100% incompatible with western culture. Every ideology that does not align with the basic premise of western culture, should not be permitted in a country that is western.

There you go libs, have some fun with that.
      Even if you gut everything religious from western culture they are still 100% incompatible. They are stuck too far i n the past.

Comment

Islam is 100% incompatible with western culture. Every ideology that does not align with the basic premise of western culture, should not be permitted in a country that is western.

Neither is fundamentalist Christianity, but the Republicans never stop trying to ram that down our throats.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
          Neither is fundamentalist Christianity, but the Republicans never stop trying to ram that down our throats.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

westboro baptist church's ideals are demonstrably incompatible with western culture. can we get those assholes deported to antarctica tomorrow, please?
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

stop feeding the fucking troll

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                westboro baptist church's ideals are demonstrably incompatible with western culture. can we get those assholes deported to antarctica tomorrow, please?
                Sure! So long as all the Muslims go too.

Now what?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Now what?
                  your suggestion is not an equitable solution- if all the muslims have to go, then so do all the christians.

or, you could try to understand that organizations like ISIS and Boko Haram do not represent all muslims, just as WBC and the KKK do not represent all christians.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Now what?
                    Thing is everyone is allowed and welcome here as long as they do it properly and have no I'll will to this country. I have no respect for people that come illegally or try to change my way of life, if you want to come here to succeed, live the American dream, and assimilate I welcome you with open arms

Comment

your suggestion is not an equitable solution- if all the muslims have to go, then so do all the christians.

or, you could try to understand that organizations like ISIS and Boko Haram do not represent all muslims, just as WBC and the KKK do not represent all christians.
                      Muslims =/= Christians. Examining the texts alone bear that out.

Originally posted by John Adams in a letter to Thomas Jefferson in 1813
                      The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.
                      Now, I suppose this might irk you, but this nation was most certainly founded on the principles of Christianity.

More over, THIS is the guiding light and context to be viewed through when discussing religious freedom in The United States.

Originally posted by Thomas Jefferson in "Notes on the State of Virginia"
                      The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
                      But anyone who picks my (or yours) pocket or breaks my leg, regardless of their faith, is within the legitimate power of government (that is restraint of). So the important thing here is to discern between being an antagonist like WBC (which exercises extremely poor taste but doesn't pick a pocket or break a leg), an abortion clinic shooter (breaks leg), Islamic Extremist (breaks leg), or merely follower of a or no faith. It is very clear to me that practicing one's faith is fine so long as you aren't a fucking terrorist.

DON'T BE A FUCKING TERRORIST. ;D

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                        Thing is everyone is allowed and welcome here as long as they do it properly and have no I'll will to this country. I have no respect for people that come illegally or try to change my way of life, if you want to come here to succeed, live the American dream, and assimilate I welcome you with open arms
                        Of course they are. Since you are new here, you aren't aware that decay and I have quite a recent history. We are egging each other on by this line of "reasoning."

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Statistics of the Christian Inquisitions yanked from Wikipedia

Beginning in the 19th century, historians have gradually compiled statistics drawn from the surviving court records, from which estimates have been calculated by adjusting the recorded number of convictions by the average rate of document loss for each time period. Gustav Henningsen and Jaime Contreras studied the records of the Spanish Inquisition, which list 44,674 cases of which 826 resulted in executions in person and 778 in effigy (i.e. a straw dummy was burned in place of the person). William Monter estimated there were 1000 executions between 1530–1630 and 250 between 1630–1730. Jean-Pierre Dedieu studied the records of Toledo's tribunal, which put 12,000 people on trial. For the period prior to 1530, Henry Kamen estimated there were about 2,000 executions in all of Spain's tribunals. Italian Renaissance history professor and Inquisition expert Carlo Ginzburg had his doubts about using statistics to reach a judgment about the period. “In many cases, we don’t have the evidence, the evidence has been lost,” said Ginzburg.

Comment

Now, I suppose this might irk you, but this nation was most certainly founded on the principles of Christianity.
                            you are so absolutely wrong here that i am ignoring everything that follows this argument.

quoting John Adams (yanno, one of those founding father dudes, our 2nd president) from the Treaty of Tripoli:

the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
                            stated in law, plainly and clearly.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by GAbOS View Post
                              Statistics of the Christian Inquisitions yanked from Wikipedia

Beginning in the 19th century, historians have gradually compiled statistics drawn from the surviving court records, from which estimates have been calculated by adjusting the recorded number of convictions by the average rate of document loss for each time period. Gustav Henningsen and Jaime Contreras studied the records of the Spanish Inquisition, which list 44,674 cases of which 826 resulted in executions in person and 778 in effigy (i.e. a straw dummy was burned in place of the person). William Monter estimated there were 1000 executions between 1530–1630 and 250 between 1630–1730. Jean-Pierre Dedieu studied the records of Toledo's tribunal, which put 12,000 people on trial. For the period prior to 1530, Henry Kamen estimated there were about 2,000 executions in all of Spain's tribunals. Italian Renaissance history professor and Inquisition expert Carlo Ginzburg had his doubts about using statistics to reach a judgment about the period. “In many cases, we don’t have the evidence, the evidence has been lost,” said Ginzburg.
                              The Spanish Inquisition was a collusion of the Spanish Crown and the Catholic Church. Kind of irrelevant. But, when Iran decides to send a nuke to Israel, you can use that as a comparison accurately.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

you are so absolutely wrong here that i am ignoring everything that follows this argument.

quoting John Adams (yanno, one of those founding father dudes, our 2nd president) from the Treaty of Tripoli:

stated in law, plainly and clearly.
                                Riiiight. And it is also very clear that the reason why that was included in the Treaty of Tripoli was because we, as a nation, wanted to make it very clear that our fight with the Barbary Pirates was not a Christian Nation fighting a Muslim Nation.

Context is hard for you, isn't it?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X