new clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new clutch

i am puting in a new clutch and flywheel, and wanted to know if anyone has any advise aboput how to go about it, or on any parts i might need to replace while i am at it?

Its pretty straight forward. Try to get all the tools you'll need before you start. I just helped a buddy with his E36 318is and the starter was a real pain, not so much on E30s though. Are you replacing with stock components?

Comment

throwout beering, might need replacing, only thing i can say is get someone to help you and make sure when you put things back together they are torqued to factory specs
      Last edited by buhnah7; 10-23-2007, 12:44 AM.

Comment

replace input and output shaft seals, selectorshaft seal.

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

yeah, i got a new clutch, preasure plate, and throw out bering, and i also got a used flywheel, and i am going to get it turned. but i just wanted to make sure there are not other parts i might need, cuz i dont want to gewt stuck in the middle needing a bolt or something like that.

Comment

if you are going to remove the flywheel, since you seem to have a newer one, replace the [8] bolts, they are not reusable

Originally posted by vlad
            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

ok, i didnt know i could not reuse them.

Comment

Working...
              X